Book of Law Study Group 1.55

RLG

Dwtw

It's worth noting that the word 'he' in this verse is underlined in the manuscript. Perhaps this was a means for AC to emphasize that it would be a male 'child'.
Any ambiguity is resolved in the very next verse, where it says to expect HIM not from the East or West.

So, no offense to the ladies, but in this instance, the term 'he' means a male person, and is not used as an indeterminate pronoun for any person such as "the reader will find that he is drawn into an intense allegory while perusing the book".

As for the child being 'of thy bowels', at one time at least, AC thought this referred to Frater Achad, and the fact that he was the 'magickal child' born nine months after a sex-magick working between him and Jeanne Foster, Soror Hilarion. Of course, he was not literally 'born', but IIRC that was when Achad took the oath of the Abyss?
In any event, being 'of thy bowels' was taken to refer to sex magick, and not the normal means of begetting a child.

The fact that this is verse 55, which is the 'mystic number' of Malkut, being the sum of 1-10, may also indicate that this is an actual male human being that is referred to, since Malkut is the material world, pendant to the Tree of Life, and represents the completion of the issuance of energy, the end of the descending lightning flash, etc.

Note that the number 10 = the value of the Hebrew letter Yod, which can be a symbol of the sperm. This may again be a reference to the sex magickal working, bringing to fruition a 'male heir', so to speak, in the form of Fr. Achad.

Litl
RLG

Always Wondering

RLG said:
Dwtw

It's worth noting that the word 'he' in this verse is underlined in the manuscript. Perhaps this was a means for AC to emphasize that it would be a male 'child'.
Any ambiguity is resolved in the very next verse, where it says to expect HIM not from the East or West.

I guess this would put a damper on the theory that "child" stood for the next generation of readers. That did seem like to easy of a way to think about it.

RLG said:
As for the child being 'of thy bowels', at one time at least, AC thought this referred to Frater Achad, and the fact that he was the 'magickal child' born nine months after a sex-magick working between him and Jeanne Foster, Soror Hilarion. Of course, he was not literally 'born', but IIRC that was when Achad took the oath of the Abyss?
In any event, being 'of thy bowels' was taken to refer to sex magick, and not the normal means of begetting a child.

Note that the number 10 = the value of the Hebrew letter Yod, which can be a symbol of the sperm. This may again be a reference to the sex magickal working, bringing to fruition a 'male heir', so to speak, in the form of Fr. Achad.

I was begining to wonder if this wasn't related to sex magic.
Thanks again.

AW

ravenest

RLG said:

Interesting, I've never heard that phrase used to describe that process before.
Just out of curiosity, where did you find where it was 'taken to refer'?

In any case, if it is refering to Archad ... that really didnt work out did it?

Aeon418

Always Wondering said:
I guess this would put a damper on the theory that "child" stood for the next generation of readers.
And why not? He doesn't have to mean a particular male. It's also a very feminine Hebrew letter with a wide application to everyone. ;)

The letter also means Behold. This verse contains the third behold in a row.
H.H.H.

Always Wondering

I didn't think of that. Heh is definitely feminine in YHVH.

Also never read Liber HHH before.

I know the Hierophant, found Hierus as a connection of Horus and Abrahadabra but nothing on Hegemon.

AW

Aeon418

In the qabalah H.H.H. is said to conceal the three Hebrew Mother letters, Aleph, Mem, and Shin. There is also mention of the three Lost Fathers that some believe are IAO - Yod, Aleph, Vau.

Here's where it gets a bit speculative...

Nuit gives us the three H's which conceal AMSh. Crowley/the reader has already been instructed to be Hadit, the Father, from which will come the "child of thy bowels".

AMSh(341) + IAO(17) = 358 - MShICh, Messiah.
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. ~ Matt 24:27
The Crowned and Conquering Child within, the HGA, is symbolised by RHK. Horus of the Two Horizons. Coming not from the East, or from the West, because he is both. And from no expected house.

http://www.geocities.com/nu_isis/hexa3.jpg

Always Wondering

similia said:

Ah, the Greek always throws me off.

Aeon418 said:
AMSh(341) + IAO(17) = 358 - MShICh, Messiah.

Quote:
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. ~ Matt 24:27

The Crowned and Conquering Child within, the HGA, is symbolised by RHK. Horus of the Two Horizons. Coming not from the East, or from the West, because he is both. And from no expected house.

This appeals to me. I had already decided I was to impatient to wait around for another savior. :laugh: Especailly a male one.
No offense to any of the fine gentlemen on this forum. ;)

AW

ravenest

Oh, no offense A.W. .... I been waiting for a femaile 'saviour' since I turned 13 :laugh: