Buckland Romani book

canid

I got the book in a trade long ago & all the card images are in color, full size. I want to cut them out & somehow affix them to card stock. I'm pretty crafty creative but I can't decide how to do this. Decoupage? Then I'd have to be really careful of wrinkles. Or some kind of self-stick adhesive? Double-sized tape? (If they even make it wide enough.) Any ideas?

Grigori

Um... why not just buy the deck? That sounds like really hard work when its already been done for you :D

canid

Because I thought it was around $100 (just found out differently!) & I just like to make things. The book's binding is nonexistent; that makes it a really hard read.

AJ

the second edition is readily available and is lovely. You could also contact Glade Press http://www.galdepress.com/books/newage/bucklandromanitarot.html and see if you can exchange the book, the early ones were notorious for falling apart. I'd phone rather than email, I don't know about now, but when the kit came out they weren't very prompt about email response.

That aside, someone here decoupaged a deck and found in deck form the cards were sticky and difficult to shuffle, even months later.
You might try contact paper image transfer
http://karenswhimsy.com/play/image-transfer.htm onto blank cardstock? I'll bet it would be stunning, something exciting to add to the Pimp My Rider thread for sure.

I just checked and the book image size is the exact size of the image on the 2nd edition cards. (see sample below) As far as I know the titling is the only difference in the two decks, the 1st edition had the titles printed on the image.

Look around in your pile of HP/Avery/Epson printing papers and see if you have something that would work for card stock. I've used photo paper with good success, and am going to try HP Matte Brochure paper on the recommendation of a member here if I print another deck. Good luck and let us know on the pimp thread how it goes, fun sounding project. You are such an artist to begin with I'm sure it will be a knock out.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 110

stargazer

Hi canid, have you thought of laminating?

...just a thought. :)

canid

AJ said:
the second edition is readily available and is lovely. You could also contact Glade Press http://www.galdepress.com/books/newage/bucklandromanitarot.html and see if you can exchange the book, the early ones were notorious for falling apart. I'd phone rather than email, I don't know about now, but when the kit came out they weren't very prompt about email response.

That aside, someone here decoupaged a deck and found in deck form the cards were sticky and difficult to shuffle, even months later.
You might try contact paper image transfer
http://karenswhimsy.com/play/image-transfer.htm onto blank cardstock? I'll bet it would be stunning, something exciting to add to the Pimp My Rider thread for sure.

I just checked and the book image size is the exact size of the image on the 2nd edition cards. (see sample below) As far as I know the titling is the only difference in the two decks, the 1st edition had the titles printed on the image.

Look around in your pile of HP/Avery/Epson printing papers and see if you have something that would work for card stock. I've used photo paper with good success, and am going to try HP Matte Brochure paper on the recommendation of a member here if I print another deck. Good luck and let us know on the pimp thread how it goes, fun sounding project. You are such an artist to begin with I'm sure it will be a knock out.

Oh, AJ, what a process you've got! I used to do that in the '70's with decoupage, then I'd put it on slate or wood or something. I NEVER thought about doing it that way, thank you! That may end up looking better than what I did.

BTW - you've got something almost in a package almost ready to mail. I hope you love it as much as I do.

canid

stargazer said:
Hi canid, have you thought of laminating?

...just a thought. :)

I've laminated, yes, but I've found that several light coats of spray acrylic works much better. It's time consuming (you have to be very careful not to overspray because it WILL run, like a wall), but gives a much more 'realistic' finish, similar to that last pass on the press that seals the image.