Buckland Romani, Galde Press

jcwirish

Just have a question for any of you who have ordered the Buckland Romani from Galde press. I ordered mine on January 16th. Payment has been received on their end, but my order has been in a state of "processing" since the 20th.

Just wondering how long it took others to get their deck? How long is acceptable and reasonable? I know some places take longer to get things out, but I just want to know how long I should expect it to take from Galde.

BTW, I sent an email inquiring on the status of my order, but didn't get a reply.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

jcwirish

Thank you AJ.

karen0205

jcwirish said:
Just have a question for any of you who have ordered the Buckland Romani from Galde press. I ordered mine on January 16th. Payment has been received on their end, but my order has been in a state of "processing" since the 20th.

Have you tried calling there? I ordered a deck for a member in Germany
because they wouldn't ship to her. I ordered it and 3 weeks later it was
still showing 'processing'. When I called, they told me they were
out of stock on the books and waiting to get them back in stock
from the printer. Would have been nice if they told me that.
It took almost 2 months to get the deck set from them.
The first time I ordered and everything was in stock, it was at
my door in about a week.

I would call and ask what the normal processing time is and if
the item is in stock now.

k

jcwirish

Hi Karen,

I finally got it. I actually forgot about this thread. Oops.

Thank you for the information. It took a few weeks, and my status was never changed online. The deck just showed up one day in the mailbox.

Herzog

whats the quality like? Card stock etc.

RubyV

If you check out the link AJ posted, you can see what the varying opinions were on the cardstock.

Astraea Aurora

Cardstock is good, albeit a bit stiff, but mine was shuffled only occasionally since I got my copy from karen0205 (yes, I am the member she ordered it for, thank you karen!). I think it will be butter soft when given proper shuffles and worked with for a while.

I really like the lamination, it's a unique mixture between matte and lightly shiny. It's more on the matte side but some parts of the cards are lightly shiny, probably due to the printing process. I like that it's not as 'super shiny' as USGames decks or as 'just shiny' as Lo Scarabeo decks. Again, given time and worked with regularly I think it will be perfect. (Especially if you like your decks to look a bit aged and well-loved.) ... I think the correct word would be 'varnish' instead of 'lamination'.

It is borderless, except for the tiny little white border at the bottom where the title is printed. You can expect the deck to show your level of love and work whith white edges.

The printing is precise, no blurry pictures in my copy, and the colors show up in a nice, lively way. They aren't flashy, and they don't hurt the eyes.

Astraea Aurora :grin:

jcwirish

I think the card stock is okay. The colors are brighter than the original. The backs are almost neon, they are so bright. The images are nice and clear. I do prefer the original. It has an older feel to it. The colors are a bit deeper and a little more muted.

Although I prefer the original, I think the Galde Press is a good reproduction. Ultimately, I think it just comes down to opinion on which copy is better. The book is really nice as well.

minrice

That's exciting Jcwirish! Enjoy it. I received my copy in the Trading thread, it's the first edition, so I can't speak for the second. But just wanted to say that you will LOVE it! It really is something special.