Bulk-buying decks for students.

Faeryreader

Scion said:
And let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've heard a 14 year-old looking over a Visconti-Sforza reprint say , "The Trumps are unnumbered, so like, different families may have ranked these cards differently. What if Love trumped Temperance or something? Wouldn't that change the whole deal?" I almost passed out. :)

Oh My! Now that's a reward in and of itself. It's in our teens that we really start questioning how the universe works. Sometimes we forget that because the media just fills our heads with the idea that teens are all about cloths, games, and the social pecking order. That's awfully cool, good luck with your class!

Papageno

Scion said:
And let me tell you, you haven't lived until you've heard a 14 year-old looking over a Visconti-Sforza reprint say , "The Trumps are unnumbered, so like, different families may have ranked these cards differently. What if Love trumped Temperance or something? Wouldn't that change the whole deal?" I almost passed out. :)

LOL

from the mouths of babes...........

well.......they're certainly fortunate to have someone of your caliber for an instructor, Lord only knows what they'll be spouting be the time they graduate.

You better be careful :laugh: this could get scary ;)

Scion

Thanks papageno! :) I hope so.

As for scary: I look at it as seeding the future with hermeticism... changing the world oene mind at a time. })

Papageno

Scion said:
Thanks papageno! :) I hope so.

As for scary: I look at it as seeding the future with hermeticism... changing the world oene mind at a time. })

}) Ha! I'm on to you and your nefarious plans for global domination......unleashing an army of little Scions on the world :laugh: we're not fooled by this thinly veiled scheme of yours operating under the guise of a progressive curriculum })

LMAO!!!

;)

mac22

Scion said:
Teaching this class is going to rock my preconceptions and teach me an unholy amount... More to come.

Scion

That's WHY I taught for many years. I learned as much or more by my teaching experience... as my students:)

SolSionnach

Wow, this is a very exciting thread - Scion, what did USGames and Llewellyn say?

Sravana

Scion

Only called US Games because they distribute the WS & the Thoth in the States. Left a message on Friday with a terrific woman I've dealt with in that office on and off over the years... No info yet.

And Papageno gifted my kids with a fantastic assortment of disparate decks into which they can dig in the second semester, once we've done some groundwork. In the strange coincidence department, one of my students played Queen of the Night ia children's theatre Magic Flute. So Papageno's decks will be in familiar company. :thumbsup:

Can't wait til class this week so I can tell them. :)

Dancing Bear

Thanks for this thread, Coz I am about to embark on the same thing...

Scion

Just got off the phone with US Games. Very nice folks.

Bottom line: $150 is the minimum order for "resellers" and though I will be ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of decks for this class, after we did all the math it turns out I'm better off ordering from a bookstore... Good to know.

It is weirdly exhilirating to think of a case of dcks coming to me, but I thin that's just the combination of capitalist object lust and my anticipation of the students' reaction to having personal decks as we make this journey.

SolSionnach

Scion said:
Just got off the phone with US Games. Very nice folks.

Bottom line: $150 is the minimum order for "resellers" and though I will be ordering a couple hundred dollars worth of decks for this class, after we did all the math it turns out I'm better off ordering from a bookstore... Good to know.

It is weirdly exhilirating to think of a case of dcks coming to me, but I thin that's just the combination of capitalist object lust and my anticipation of the students' reaction to having personal decks as we make this journey.

That's so weird that you're better off buying from a bookstore... is that because of the shipping? Or some kind of crazy tax? Isn't there a sales tax in NY?

Capitalist Object Lust?
DING DING DING DING! I think we have a winner for the best description of what a taroholic "suffers" from! :D :D :D :D