Calling all female Hermits!

Masa

I've been noticing more and more how much I love the Hermit and want to be him. So now I'm in the process of gorging myself on inspiration, and I think I might like to decorate my personal space somehow with an image of a lady Hermit, as a reminder of all the things I love about this archetype. Or even if I don't do that, I want to look at some. :D

Can you help point me toward decks where the Hermit is depicted as a woman, or as ambiguously-gendered? This is what I've got so far:

* Gendron
* Goddess
* Fantastical Creatures
* Manga
* Crystal Visions
* Shadowscapes, ambiguous
* Lots of animal decks. :p

There a few other ambiguous ones I noticed, but I skipped them as boring. But, did I skip one of your favorites? Or another card you love that is hermit-like without actually being Card IX?

For example, my favorite card of all time is the Shadowscapes Nine of Pentacles. (Agh, she's so awesome! Every time I look at that page I die a little inside because the original painting is still available. I kind of can't bear to buy a print with that still there, even though I will never have that kind of money. But, oh, if I did...!)

Anyway, she's #9, so my friend calls that card "a sort of mini-hermit." I think that is thoroughly awesome. So if you have any other favorite minor arcana that seem lady-hermit-ish, especially in the nines, post those, too!

And, what the heck--if your favorite Hermit of all time is a dude, show me him, too. :D

Cassandra022

silicon dawn also has female hermit

Richard

The Hermit is Virgo, so I think it is appropriate to consider it to be ambiguously gendered, regardless of the image on the card.

Metafizzypop

The Hermit in the World Spirit tarot is a woman.

Zephyros

How about something not strictly Tarot related, but symbollically connected, like Yael, who killed Sisera in her tent (see the connection? :) ) and became a hero?

Sulis

The World Spirit Tarot has a female hermit and she's lovely.

Attachments

• The Hermit .jpg
    The Hermit .jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,418

Catmoon

Twilght Realm: A Tarot of Faery. The Hermit:
twilighthermit.jpg

Vanessa Tarot. The Hermit:
vanessa-tarot-the-hermit.jpg

The Black Ibis Tarot. The Hermit:
card-hermit.jpg

From the same author (created by artist Bethalynne Bajema), Sepia Stains Tarot. The Hermit:
09hermit.jpg

Affirmations for the Everyday Goddess Tarot. The Hermit:
TarotHermit.jpg

Not completed nor printed, Annette Abolins Tarot. The Hermit:
http://www.abolinaart.com.au/illustrated/images/tarot-hermit.jpg

nisaba

The Decameron Tarot (not for the under-age) has an -er- unusual female presence in the Hermit which, alas, is not pictured here.

jema

Both Spiral and Celestial has female Hermits.

RunningWild

The Mary El Tarot has an ambiguous Hermit card as well which shows only the hands.