Camoin Method, Example for Analysis, Flavio #1

Flavio

Please refer to attached image

SITUATION: 6 months ago I left my 10 years old engineering related job to become a profesional photographer, got a partner and work together in a studio, we're getting jobs on a regular basis, 2 weeks ago I had lunch with my ex-boss, he mentioned that if I decide to get back my job the door will be open, since that day I've been thinking on having the engineer and photographer jobs at the same time! I can do it, it'll be hard but I'm already aware of that and willing to take the risk.

So I did the reading asking: what shall I know about myself developing two careers at the same time?

CAMOIN METHOD:
This part of my post is to confirm the rules were correctly applied before proceeding to interpretation:

1. After getting reversed cards in past (Le Chariot) and Future (Le Soleil) I pulled 2 Solution cards, Papesse for Chariot and L'Imperatrice for Le Soleil.

2. Considered Papesse as solution for reversed Chariot so it was uprighted and pulled extra gaze card (Temperance) that lead to several additional cards Le Iugement reversed, L'Hermit, Le Diable reversed, Le Pape and finally Le Bateleur, this large number of cards at this stage of the reading made sense to me as a distant past with a lot of baggage from a 10 year engineer career

3. Once the past was "solved" and present had no issues, worked gaze card to L'Emperatrice, it was Le Mat reversed, the Solution was La Iustice and the gaze card is Le Pendu.

I believe the method finishes here, please advise if the spread is ready to start interpretations, if some cards are to be removed/added or shall I start from zero again? :)

COMMENT ON THE FIRST 3 CARDS ONLY
If we think in the sun as a character, then we have 3 cards with 3 characters each, I see them as myself with my two jobs :) they are horses, rare animals and kids, I feel this evolution from animals to human as something positive, more rational choices and actions, the increase in number VII to XVIIII is interesting also.

A round yellow/red object, repeats in the 3 crads, the wheels, the "Rove" and the Sun, now that past and future cards are reversed, the repeated symbol seems to be going down, but once they are uprighted the round objects goes up, is it my activity or energy level? (Please notice the color palette is from Jodo-Camoin deck)

Thank you all in advance for your comments and notes, specially to Paul.
Flavio

Attachments

• exampleWEB.jpg
    exampleWEB.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 147

Paul

La Papesse needs a card to the left. Because this is not solving the card below, you draw the card "as is" (reversed or upright). If it is reversed, draw a solution card for it and proceed as always.

Please don't start from "zero," simply draw more cards.

Flavio

Paul said:
La Papesse needs a card to the left. Because this is not solving the card below, you draw the card "as is" (reversed or upright). If it is reversed, draw a solution card for it and proceed as always.

Please don't start from "zero," simply draw more cards.
Thanks! that card is XIII-R with IIII as solution

---IIII
---XIII-R---II

does it stop here? if so, I'll post the final spread, thank you very much again.

Paul

You are now complete. Thank you for posting a new picture, which is worth a thousand words.

Flavio

Paul said:
You are now complete. Thank you for posting a new picture, which is worth a thousand words.
Thanks to you.

Flavio

New Picture

Please find attached the revised image.

Attachments

• REVISION1web.jpg
    REVISION1web.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 139

Paul

The question is always paramount, because it is the question as worded that is answered.

Your question was not, what will happen, or will this or that take place, or should I do this? But, precisely, what shall I know about myself developing two careers? Later on in your dialogue you speak of whether you can handle it or not. So, your question implies, Can I handle this, really?

As well, the language the querent uses and the context of the question help guide what cards and symbols are most salient:

Professional
Engineer
Photography
Boss
Risk
It’ll be hard
Willing
Change

In the recent past, you have reconsidered your career path (VII Le Chariot, reversed). The solution was to reconsider (II-La Papesse) and consider 2 careers (II-La Papesse), which repeats in XII-Le Pendu.
In the distant past, there was already a dramatic change of venues (XX Le Jugement, reversed), which then led to reconsideration (XIIII Temperance). Your switch to a new career is reflected horizontally in XIIII, but will be repeated in the cards above, which provide more detail on this matter, all amongst the Past Columns. In the Camoin Method, ideas repeat, this is one way to know that they are salient.

This first dissatisfaction led to you to reflecting on (VIIII L’Hermite) your career and trying out a new one (I-Le Bateleur) {moving vertically up the column}.

The problem was dissatisfaction—perhaps money or how the boss acted or how you were bound to him as a subordinate, perhaps you wanted more autonomy (XV Le Diable, reversed) or you did not enjoy sufficient creativity as an engineer (XV-Le Diable, reversed moving up to V-Le Pape).

The solution was that you decided to move from a professional career (V-Le Pape, is educated) to a more creative career that required sort of starting from the beginning (I- Le Bateleur). Compared to the Pope, the Faire Juggler is a humbling process, at least in some points of view. Perhaps you were asked, why would you leave Engineering for this fluffy unpredictable career? Your boss (IIII-L’Empereur has approached you again, L’Empereur appears on the top in the more recent past columns looking at Le Bateleur). He has approached you. There is the thought of undoing or “cutting” the past decision to leave engineering (XIII-reversed). Once the boss got involved, XIII became uprighted; the boss wants you to come back at your convenience, allowing you gestation time (II-La Papesse).
In the future, we see Le Soleil, reversed. This indicates some doubt about taking 2 jobs (2 children, reversed). You must have had this doubt, because you posed the question to the Tarot. So, it reflects this.

The solution is careful thoughtfulness (III-L’Imperatrice, as well L’Imperatrice forms the partner for L’Empereur, so it may indicate you are considering a new coupling with the old boss).

III L’Imperatrice moves to Le Mat, reversed. You are concerned about the “risk” (Le Mat, reversed). The solution is careful deliberation and perhaps even making sure of some kind of well written contract (VIII La Justice). La Justice at the very least shows 2 scales, and she is balancing them. So, it reflects your thoughts about trying to keep 2 jobs in balance.

Then, you take the risk (Le Mat is uprighted) and you move to XII-Le Pendu, which could mean 2 jobs, but I think it most likely means Willing Sacrifice, given your wording.
So, your question, once again was “what shall I know about myself developing two careers”? You then go onto to tell us that this would be a willing sacrifice for you but that you can do it. The final card, XII-Le Pendu, says, yes 'tis true.

This is what you already knew about yourself. ;) But, that is a function of Tarot, as I see it, to confirm what you know.

If your question were different, then the same cards would have yielded a different answer, indeed.

Other ideas?

Flavio

OMG Paul you're some sort of Tarot ninja! :) you jumped from one card to another connecting everything with great precision and extracted a lot of information, thank you very much for everything, please find below comments on your reading:

Paul said:
Your question was not, what will happen, or will this or that take place, or should I do this? But, precisely, what shall I know about myself developing two careers? Later on in your dialogue you speak of whether you can handle it or not. So, your question implies, Can I handle this, really?
I'm aware the importance of the right wording of the question if a useful answer is to be obtained, I've noticed how you converted the description of the situation and the question into a list of symbols to look for in the spread.

In the distant past, there was already a dramatic change of venues (XX Le Jugement, reversed), which then led to reconsideration (XIIII Temperance). Your switch to a new career is reflected horizontally in XIIII, but will be repeated in the cards above, which provide more detail on this matter, all amongst the Past Columns. In the Camoin Method, ideas repeat, this is one way to know that they are salient.
In the past, both La Papesse and Temperance, remind me of the 2 years period in which I attended photography school on weekends, it was a period of study that help me prepare my career change without haste but completely focused.

This first dissatisfaction led to you to reflecting on (VIIII L’Hermite) your career and trying out a new one (I-Le Bateleur) {moving vertically up the column}.
Yes, I needed to make an stop, freshen up and then put out my new tricks for the world to see.

The problem was dissatisfaction—perhaps money or how the boss acted or how you were bound to him as a subordinate, perhaps you wanted more autonomy (XV Le Diable, reversed) or you did not enjoy sufficient creativity as an engineer (XV-Le Diable, reversed moving up to V-Le Pape).
There was a lot of burn-out involved, I think Le Bateleur shows that, trapped between the institution, the structure and a crappy boss.

The solution was that you decided to move from a professional career (V-Le Pape, is educated) to a more creative career that required sort of starting from the beginning (I- Le Bateleur). Compared to the Pope, the Faire Juggler is a humbling process, at least in some points of view. Perhaps you were asked, why would you leave Engineering for this fluffy unpredictable career?
This paragraph is by far the greatest reflection of my situation, most people who know me from years are shocked because of this career change, people who just knew me believe there is no need to study to become a photographer so they assume I'm poorly read and barely educated. And yes, everybody wants to know why I changed a stable corporative job for a bohemian lifestyle.

Your boss (IIII-L’Empereur has approached you again, L’Empereur appears on the top in the more recent past columns looking at Le Bateleur). He has approached you. There is the thought of undoing or “cutting” the past decision to leave engineering (XIII-reversed). Once the boss got involved, XIII became uprighted; the boss wants you to come back at your convenience, allowing you gestation time (II-La Papesse).
Besides the meaning you gave to XIII reversed, he mentioned as a "joke" he imagined I would be thin as a bone because with my new job I can't afford good regular meals (whatever!) but he found me as healthy as ever :)

So, your question, once again was “what shall I know about myself developing two careers”? You then go onto to tell us that this would be a willing sacrifice for you but that you can do it. The final card, XII-Le Pendu, says, yes 'tis true.

This is what you already knew about yourself. ;) But, that is a function of Tarot, as I see it, to confirm what you know.
My Tarot reading style is all about understanding the past and present, show things as they are to become fully conscious of them, so is a nice surprise for me to see the Camoin Method doesn't affect/block the natural style of the reader, I was concerned that following many rules and laws of the Method the readings were no longer Flavio's but Camoin's, probably that is the deep inside reason why most of us don't get to learn the method easily.

If your question were different, then the same cards would have yielded a different answer, indeed.
That is true, I don't feel comfortable asking questions like "Will I..." so probably a better question choice for me would be "Should I accept the offer to take back the engineering job?" and let the cards speak, so far I feel very satisfied to find the cards connected with my situation and allowed your clear interpretation that among other things help me a lot to learn the Camoin Method.

Paul, once again thank you very much, this example reading was (is) quite enlightening for me on both, the situation and Camoin Method.

Paul

Flavio said:
OMG Paul you're some sort of Tarot ninja! :) you jumped from one card to another connecting everything with great precision and extracted a lot of information
Anyone else want to make a karate move on this reading?
;)

I'm aware the importance of the right wording of the question if a useful answer is to be obtained, I've noticed how you converted the description of the situation and the question into a list of symbols to look for in the spread.
Yup. The Method is BIG on listening to the querent's idiosyncratic language, even used during the dialogue about the reading. Querents may use puns or figures of speech or simply vocabulary that is reflected in the cards.

In the past, both La Papesse and Temperance, remind me of the 2 years period in which I attended photography school on weekends, it was a period of study that help me prepare my career change without haste but completely focused.
Ahhhhhhhhh! This makes sense; it is a better interpretation of Temperance.

This paragraph is by far the greatest reflection of my situation, most people who know me from years are shocked because of this career change, people who just knew me believe there is no need to study to become a photographer so they assume I'm poorly read and barely educated. And yes, everybody wants to know why I changed a stable corporative job for a bohemian lifestyle.
This is where relationships between cards are salient. The relationship of Le Pape and Le Bateleur side-by-side struck me as a contrast in social caste.

Besides the meaning you gave to XIII reversed, he mentioned as a "joke" he imagined I would be thin as a bone because with my new job I can't afford good regular meals (whatever!) but he found me as healthy as ever :)
HUGE synchronicity. Having the querent sitting there is important. For example, if you were sitting for me, you may have seen that skeleton and said, "Huh, that reminds me of a joke." Then, your epiphany would have nailed one of the card meanings.

My Tarot reading style is all about understanding the past and present, show things as they are to become fully conscious of them, so is a nice surprise for me to see the Camoin Method doesn't affect/block the natural style of the reader, I was concerned that following many rules and laws of the Method the readings were no longer Flavio's but Camoin's, probably that is the deep inside reason why most of us don't get to learn the method easily.
Yes. I've also found folks who prefer a very intuitive, feel it, reading style become annoyed with Camoin's "scientific" method.

Flavio

Paul said:
Yes. I've also found folks who prefer a very intuitive, feel it, reading style become annoyed with Camoin's "scientific" method.
The Method Certainly looks "scientific" when you read about the rules and laws, but I felt the spread grows in a very natural way, use of solution and gaze cards are is not brain-surgery and there is still plenty of room for intuitive reading, of course I realized so after experiencing a whole reading with your help.