Can a Death or the World Outcome ever be Reversed ?

Nikita_

One of my very few certainties concerning tarot to this day has been that, no matter whether it can or can’t foretell the future, whenever Death or the World come up, eg in a relationship reading, it signals the unnegotiable, final word on that question, and from there, there is no going backwards-nor forward.
I am wondering if anybody has experienced anything that can contradict this theory and prove it wrong…for instance, a relationship where Death (or the World ) had come up in the outcome or future position, that has been resurrected….

re-pete-a

I agree with you that the Majors are non negotiable points of change...

I do not agree that there is no going backwards or forwards...

They're Like sign posts ...This is where you are...you are here...choose....

In relationships it's not black and white only... as said above, it's decision time....Or Karma payout time, dependent on the position and the orientation of that card....

To me they are Major crossroads of life...They are there to indicate possibilities and probabilities...

Proving is a bit difficult to do... all that can be presented is unsubstantiated stories and experiences....

donnalee

This, below, has been more my experience than the more 'dire determined outcome' thing, if that is any help--I don't have quotes or 'proof' other than that's been my experience.

In relationships it's not black and white only... as said above, it's decision time....Or Karma payout time, dependent on the position and the orientation of that card....

To me they are Major crossroads of life...They are there to indicate possibilities and probabilities...

tarotbear

Anything predicted in a Tarot reading is NEVER set in stone - whether it's dire straits or beatific visions.

re-pete-a

life is NEVER set in stone either...

Neither on purpose or by accident

But when it is here, there are some non negotiable points to consider to maintain it...

Some can choose to not negotiate these....

The cards are a part of those cycles of negotiations...stacked ,multiple choices loaded with random factors...

Change is the only set in stone guarantee...The cards can help in seeing that random flow and inviting choices.

Nikita_

Proving is a bit difficult to do... all that can be presented is unsubstantiated stories and experiences....

Have you ever seen Death in a relationship reading, say, where it wasn't really over ?

Nikita_

This, below, has been more my experience than the more 'dire determined outcome' thing, if that is any help--I don't have quotes or 'proof' other than that's been my experience.

Yeah, I have trouble seeing the difference between non negotiable and set in stone, or no going backwards or forward...they all seem the same to me, although re-pete-a seems to think otherwise....

Nikita_

Anything predicted in a Tarot reading is NEVER set in stone - whether it's dire straits or beatific visions.

Not even Death ? Death is one of those things, as final as you can get...final by definition....

tarotbear

Not even Death ? Death is one of those things, as final as you can get...final by definition....

Nikita - I don't share your fatalistic vision of Tarot or life. :confused: No Pollyanna here - believe me - but Death is not an ending. For physical life it is - everything that lives must die - even things like the Sun will die out someday. But Death in a Tarot reading ... it's a signpost, a milestone, a cycle never-ending.

Is the disgustingly Pollyannic naïve hopefulness of The World card the be-all and end-all of peace, love, and the dawning of the Age of Aquarius? It, too, has a cycle and is a circle ...

re-pete-a

Have you ever seen Death in a relationship reading, say, where it wasn't really over ?

The Death card in a relationship could indicate a change, sure ... As you have also suggested ,it can mean it's over... In it's Rv position it has a stronger influence suggesting a slow demise and lethargy towards continuing...

Of itself, no...If it were the first card drawn it could indicate the present situation is not good... there would need to be other cards involved as well to become a reading of bad news...

Letz suggest that a 9 swords came first...Infidelity...? It's not over, yet....but it has changed .

A one card draw could be a bit different on a Y/N question...

So many possibilities...I'm not prepared to condemn a relationship on the showing up of one Major... and then there's the intuitions that play a big part in the mix..