Can anyone help identify yet another deck ?

gregory

Wow - I never thought there would be anyone I could ask; I did ask Jeannette once and we both felt it may have been pirated from Scarabeo, but neither of us could find it !

I bought this 22 card deck two years ago from a guy in Croatia. It was billed as "Mystery Tarot by unknown artist". It is high quality printing, looks like new; no bag, no LWB no nothing - and no signatures on any of the cards. The guy sold about 4 copies of it at that time (I believe I saw the names of a couple of forum members among the buyers, now that I think about it !), as well as some obviously pirated Scarabeo Durer decks. (at this point he was reported to Scarabeo; that's NAUGHTY!)

But I have never managed to find out about it. Here is death; I will post more cards if needs be. They really are lovely cards....

Any ideas welcome.

Attachments

• mystery death.JPG
    mystery death.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 338

tinkerbell

mystery deck....

hi gregory,
sorry, i have no idea about this deck, but any chance of letting us see some more cards anyway?
death was indeed hauntingly beautiful...........
good luck in your quest,
tink x

gregory

Ok -will this help

- let's see how many I can upload without the forum killing me off....

(was there any particular card you wanted to see ?)

I particularly like the way each card has a symbol connected with it in each corner of the border. I’ve also scanned the card back, as it is rather fine !

SOMEONE must have seen these cards before ? Gerbear ?

Attachments

• mystery fool.jpg
    mystery fool.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 232
  • mystery magician.jpg
    mystery magician.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 208
  • mystery pope.jpg
    mystery pope.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 190
  • mysterytower.jpg
    mysterytower.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 227
  • mystery back.jpg
    mystery back.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 209

Alta

Quite neat the way The Tower goes right into the border.

Sorry, no idea but very attractive cards.

janstar17

Whatever it is it looks well done and someone spent some time creating it for sure. I can't imagine that someone won't recognize it. Have you tried contacting someone at Lo Scarabeo?

The backs are so detailed!

gregory

I believe Jeannette did at the time, as we both thought they were being ripped off, and she has contacts. I may try myself if she didn't; she's away at the moment !

Briarfoote

Wow! Really nice cards!

I think I would remember if I had seen those before :) so I can't help you either.
I can just be jealous, but that would be negative and leads to the dark side.

I really like the back of the cards - very detailed. Leads me to believe it was a limited run art deck.

Definitely let us know if you find anything out.

tinkerbell

extra scans....

thanks for the second lot of scans gregory!
any chance you could post the hermit? (always my favourite!)...........
and if you get a bit of spare time, i'd love to see the rest!
love tink x

HearthCricket

LOL Tinkerbell-The Hermit is always my favourite, too! What a gorgeous deck. Whatever it is, it seems like you have quite a treasure on your hands!

gregory

OK here's the Hermit. I will try and post the rest of the cards later.... after all I'm a third of the way through now !!! But for heaven's sake - SOMEONE else must have seen it ?

Attachments

• mystery hermit.jpg
    mystery hermit.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 200