Can it be-I found 'my' deck?

Morwenna

Flip-flops: I have a pair, for going back & forth to the shower when camping.
Thongs: in this country, are something else altogether.
I don't like to wear either one.

I do like having different decks for different venues/seasons/moods/querents/whatever. Even sometimes the time of day influences my choice of deck. I remember the thread that asked if people had the same number of decks as pairs of shoes; that was fun. It was also illuminating: I realized that, just as I have a couple pair of shoes that get worn almost all the time and a bunch for special occasions and specific venues, so I have a few decks that get constantly used and several that only come out once in a while. It seemed to be the case with many people.

How many pairs of shoes does Gregory have?? :D

nisaba

Morwenna said:
How many pairs of shoes does Gregory have?? :D
None, sadly. She's been barefoot for years - she doesn't have money for shoes.

And le Fanu, I believe, begs for shoes from second hand charity shops.

All the big collectors have foot problems.

(what's this thing with shoes, anyway - why would anyone need more than two pairs, one for regular and one for good?)

Briar Rose

I feel that all of us are so different. Everyone keeps up out with new decks. Our tastes and circumstances change, which changes what we like.

Le Fanu

nisaba said:
And le Fanu, I believe, begs for shoes from second hand charity shops.

All the big collectors have foot problems.
Not true actually. My partner works in fashion and I get free clothes, shoes and stuff. So there. }) I haven't bought an item in years. So yet more money to tip into deck funds. :)

And that's how I justify purchases.. "well I don't buy clothes, so..."

ETA; really we must get back on topic. How corrupting nisaba is... OK.. so I continue to believe that there is no such thing as "the" deck. Ive said it before, we're letting our love life - and our hopes thereon - interfere with our deck use!

canid

nisaba said:
(what's this thing with shoes, anyway - why would anyone need more than two pairs, one for regular and one for good?)

I do need my 3 pair - one for the barn, one for the house & one for goin' out (grocery store).

canid

Oh, yeah, on topic...

Right now the Pagan deck is *it*. But that's subject to change at any moment.

olivia1

canid said:
Question: how many times have you thought the same thing? Is it going to be never-ending?

Hard to say. I used to think The Fairytale Tarot was The One. Then I tried The Fantastic Menagerie and now I think The Fantastic Menagerie is going to be my favorite. Which is funny because when I first looked at the FM (in person), I actually thought I wouldn't like it very much. I don't know yet, though, it's too early to decide if the FM will replace The Fairytale Tarot for me.