can sugar be used instead of salt to cleanse a crystal?

keras

since sugar looks like a crystal to i was wondering?

inanna_tarot

Hm I tend to think of it as salt is purifying and cleansing, say of meats and cuts and grazes on the body (my aunty seems to think everything can be fixed with a dab of salty water). Because of its 'mundane' qualities, it has the same effect on crystals, areas - anywhere or thing that needs to be cleansed from negativity, like cleansing us from germs.
Sugar just doesnt work the same way.

Thats just my pennies worth :)
Sezo
x

wizzle

I don't think so. Sugar promotes bacterial growth. Salt destroys it.

joya250

hmmm, thoughtful question, because as you say, sugar is "crystalized" in form... but if you think about it further, that is really all there is to it. I don't think sugar exists in nature. Sure, sugarcane does, but white crystalized sugar is man-made. Salt, on the other hand, is part of the earth. Salt is also part of the human body, and a necessary mineral. Sugar is not. Salt draws toxins/negativity into it -- it is yang in nature. Sugar is expansive, it is yin in nature. ... all this, and not to mention, sugar can get sticky... and attract ants!

One could argue that you can "cleanse" with whatever you want, as long as you set the intention... but I would say certain elements -- and litterally, the Elements -- water, air (burning sage), fire(exposure to sun/moon light), and earth (salt / burying in the ground) can greatly assist. And... would you wash your dishes with honey, simply because it looks like amber-colored dishwashing soap? ;)

keras

ok

ok thanks

aaquwaa

Hi,
Don't know if you're interested but just got that love earth crystal book. She says you can cleanse in sea water, smudge, sea salt, light, tape de-magnetizer, spring water, lake water, or river water, flower petals ( I like this ), or brown rice. Hmmm that one seems a little strange. I am new at this and haven't tried any of these. I have read salt can be bad. Please be careful with your crystal wonders, on another note I was on vacation last week got a great Amethyst, Citrine, and a really cool Moss agate. Yeahhhhh :) I think I will try some of Joyas ideas to cleanse mine.
aaquwaa