can the querent make the reading complex?

ana luisa

I would like to know if any of you has ever felt that the complexity of a reading depended on the querent´s nature/personality. I have been reading non-professionaly for a long time and there are times when the message for a specific querent is almost impossible to read. I have also noticed that it didn´t depend on the MOMENT I was reading but on the actual person. On the other hand, for some "regulars" the reading comes incredibly easy.Since I rely more on what I "hear" during the reading (rather than on the specific meaning of each card), I tend to believe that the vibrations may blur the understanding...

Apollonia

Ana Luisa, that's interesting! I also tend to mostly hear messages during a reading, and I have definitely noticed that some people are so effortless to read, I could read for them all day and not get tired, whereas others are like trying to push my head through a brick wall, and I'm exhausted after half an hour. (And, like you, I find that my regulars are often easier to read than new querents.) I always thought it was whether the person was open to the experience, or had some blocks or walls up.

webmuse

Generally, the more intuitive a person is the easier it is for me to read. Maybe we are vibrating on the same wave length. I'll we receive very clear messages for these people whereas someone who has not chosen to develop their intuition as much, or worse! is sort of suspicious of intuition, etc. are like a cloudy sky, occluded and difficult to read.

lawguy51

webmuse said:
whereas someone who has not chosen to develop their intuition as much, or worse! is sort of suspicious of intuition, etc. are like a cloudy sky, occluded and difficult to read.
Or perhaps you pick up on the wall that is being thrown up and it makes you put pressure on yourself to 'get it right' which has the inadvertent affect of distracting you from listening to your own intuition.

Lawguy51

webmuse

lawguy51 said:
Or perhaps you pick up on the wall that is being thrown up and it makes you put pressure on yourself to 'get it right' which has the inadvertent affect of distracting you from listening to your own intuition.

Lawguy51

Completely correct. At that point I usually sit back and say something to the effect of "let's do rorschach". Perhaps lame, but it helps me feel comfortable and usually the person feels more in touch with the tarot as it is something easier to explain like "psychology".

Or even more perhaps!! Perhaps I'm uncomfortable about speaking from things revealed my inner most, unexplained intuition with these people!! And so the wall is of my own construction so that I can protect myself.

Balsamo

Absolutely!

Since my early reading experience led me into Cold Reading, my readings were entirely based on the expectations of the querent.

So people with complex personal agendas are more difficult to sort out - and should always be assessed based on ability to pay.

full deck

I have a question though:
Does one's reading come from the person or the Tarot?

Personally, I would focus upon reading the Tarot, not the person and whatever they say or do so much, unless one is simply trying to play them (cheat) or engage them at a psychological level for theraputic purposes.

rl4ever

full deck said:
... or engage them at a psychological level for theraputic purposes.

I don't see that as a cheat. I see it as the whole point. The cards can only tell us what we already know but can't access.

Balsamo

It's only cheating if the querent is given no insight whatever - but insight can come from many quarters.

That is, however, at the heart of my reasons for quitting reading for so long.

Apollonia

nsight can come from many quarters.

True, but since the querent actually came to me for what I advertised--a Tarot reading, not a body language or any other type of reading, in my practice when I get information from other than my intuitive interpretation of the cards, I find it much more comfortable to simply tell the querent where I'm getting my insights, whether I'm hearing something through clairaudience, feeling a sensation, seeing how their eyes brighten when they mention a certain person, or repeating back to them what they just said to me five minutes ago but didn't hear themselves say. That builds trust for both of us--them in me, and me in my abilities and ethics.