Can the Tarot answer the "wrong" question?

Legion

More for fun than for realz, what are your thoughts?

My experience: I had three girls in mind, and asked what they, one at a time, thought about me, and if I should engage in a relationship or not. That sort of thing. The usual.
But the cards seem to tell me about three Other women, and not the ones I originally had in mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has the cards ever answerd something Completely different than what you asked? What do you think they meant? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

lyssac

I don't know about talking about three other women - maybe these women are different from how you think of them, or maybe the cards just didn't want to give you a straight answer at the time.

I have asked a question though, and have the tarot insist on telling me something completely different, though. It was usually something that I needed to know, though. So, I guess anything is possible.

tarotbear

There are no 'wrong questions answered' - only incorrect questions posed, and misinterpreted answers.

The Tarot 'answered' your question(s) - it was just not the answer you wanted. Tarot tells you what you need to know; not what you want or expect to hear.

In a famous long-ago post here on AT, someone asked about the possibility of their mother selling her house; the answer was all about her Mother's medical problems. At first glance you would say the same - 'I asked about commerce, not medicine.' The reality came down to her mother's health conditions were far more important and urgent than selling her house, and the Tarot was alerting her to her mother's condition. I don't recall, but I believe the mother died and the house was then put up for sale.

Barleywine

There are no 'wrong questions answered' - only incorrect questions posed, and misinterpreted answers.

Absolutely. I view tarot as a conduit for information that the querent needs to hear regardless, if necessary, of the precise focus of the question asked. More often than not the direct question is addressed, but I have sometimes encountered readings where an underlying, perhaps unacknowledged, issue of greater immediacy and significance is pushed to the forefront. Interpretive finesse and flexibility are essential in "connecting the dots" and making sense of these seemingly random results. It's one of the things that makes us better readers.

La Force

I just had this experience.

I did a reading with regards to my daughters car, something keeps breaking and problems after problems with it. so I asked Why?

I received
The Fool
The Sun RX
The Lovers

read post here http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=189168

so in the end the tarot was really telling me, (at time of reading I had no knowledge until next morning phone call) The my daughter up and left, moved to another province/ city, without telling anyone. so in a way it was a double meaning.

Therefore, the cards were telling me the most important message of all, giving me heads up. as we know Majors only, are things out of your control, spiritual hands playing on this, message from divine.

PAMUYA

The question is the most important part of the reading. If you start out wrong there is no where to go.

Glass Owl

Absolutely. I view tarot as a conduit for information that the querent needs to hear regardless, if necessary, of the precise focus of the question asked. More often than not the direct question is addressed, but I have sometimes encountered readings where an underlying, perhaps unacknowledged, issue of greater immediacy and significance is pushed to the forefront. Interpretive finesse and flexibility are essential in "connecting the dots" and making sense of these seemingly random results. It's one of the things that makes us better readers.

Yes, I've had this happen. In fact, there have been two times in particular where I was given some startling news. It wasn't what I was expecting or what I was asking but it was connected to what I was asking. In one of those cases the news didn't impact me directly but it was telling me what was on the horizon for someone else.

Grizabella

My experience: I had three girls in mind, and asked what they, one at a time, thought about me, and if I should engage in a relationship or not. That sort of thing. The usual.
But the cards seem to tell me about three Other women, and not the ones I originally had in mind.

Has this happened to anyone else? Has the cards ever answerd something Completely different than what you asked? What do you think they meant? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'd say you just didn't know those girls like you thought you did. Even for married couples who have been together for years and years, it's not possible to truly know someone else 100% so it's not surprising you might not know these girls as well as you thought you did. You may have gotten answers about those girls but you just think the cards are talking about someone else. ;)

SunChariot

The cards will always tell you what you need to know. Usually that means they will answer the question you asked. If you asked it,then you need to know. But on occasion if the powers that be that answer us through the cards feel that there is something else that you need to know that is more important to you to know than the question that you asked, they can just ignore your question and tell you what you need to know more.

It does happen on occasion. There is an intelligent source behind all this. If there is something you really need to know it WILL tell you, even if you don't ask about it.

Babs

SunChariot

The Tarot 'answered' your question(s) - it was just not the answer you wanted. Tarot tells you what you need to know; not what you want or expect to hear.

In a famous long-ago post here on AT, someone asked about the possibility of their mother selling her house; the answer was all about her Mother's medical problems. At first glance you would say the same - 'I asked about commerce, not medicine.' The reality came down to her mother's health conditions were far more important and urgent than selling her house, and the Tarot was alerting her to her mother's condition. I don't recall, but I believe the mother died and the house was then put up for sale.

I once aaked about if I should quit a job I was not happy at and kept getting cards talking about romance. I was like "What the heck, that's not what I asked. And there was no oen there even remotely my age. I was old enough to be the mother of all the guys there. 10 days later I met someone there who i fell in love at first sght with. I did not ask about that but of course the cards knew he was coming in the near future into my life.

Babs