Can timing be completely off?

Bluebonnet

Being a newbie, I'm still formulating my ideas/opinions of tarot. I've already decided that certain people make much better readers than others. I'm pretty sure I will never be a great reader. So, I've been thinking back to the paid professional readings I've had in the past. These are older women who have read for 35+ years. I had a reading in 09/09... I was told I would get pregnant that year with my current boyfriend, but we would not be married.....never happened. I got another reading 09/10 by someone completely different, and she mentioned the same thing about becoming pregnant at the end of the year.

It is now 09/11.....I haven't had a single thing come true....and I had a reading with a 3 rd reader.

So, these are my possible conclusions...
1) All 3 are frauds and they just like to throw out the pregnancy card for fear effect
2) I'm just a hard person to read
3) Or, timing is off.....by years

So, does that happen? Readers think it will happen in a few weeks/ months, but it doesn't happen for years?

Mellifluous

Based on what you wrote, I conclude they were both wrong. I'd need more info to determine they were frauds.

Believing you'll never be a great reader is self-defeating.

WolfyJames

It's possible that you're hard to read. For that you would need to know if anyone you know were read by these readers and if their readings really happened or not. It's best to see readers that friends or colleagues go to so you know if they're good or not, and like that if it doesn't work on you than you're the one to blame.

I went to see a cartomancy reader was mother was seeing who was really good, and my mother had brought that reader some friends and all their readings happened. But most of her reading never happened in my case. It did happen as well with a friend of mine who was doing good readings, except whenever she was reading me. This is one of the multiple reasons I decided to learn to read cards so I'd be able to read myself.

tarotbear

timing is everything

IMHO - the cards "may" indicate a pregnancy in your future, but that is such a personal call that anyone who is reading your cards to just suddenly announce you are going to get pregnant within X-number of months ... well .... I have a bridge in New York for sale ......

In my personal understanding, the cards do not predict pregnancy or Death which such precise accuracy, if at all. (That one usually gets me in trouble for saying it :) )

You may be hard to read; there are such people! But being hard to read and then saying you're about to be pregnant seems like a conflict to me.

GryffinSong

There's another possible conclusion: that the future cannot be reliably read at all.

Bluebonnet

Perhaps I'm hard to read. I just thought it was strange about possible pregnancy from 2 separate readers a year apart. Also, on this forum, I've asked about a certain person several times and received various answers. So, it gets a little frustrating.

Thanks for the comments!

JSNYC

That one usually gets me in trouble for saying it :)
Smack! :D (That was a pat on the back, not a slap in the face. :) ) I agree with you, I don't believe "any detail" can be "predicted accurately". Time is relative.

My personal opinion, Bluebonnet is that you are confusing Tarot with the capitalist Tarot system. People that go to a Tarot reader are expecting their future to be "predicted", which is a rather helpless perspective in my opinion. However, because a professional Tarot reader must pay the bills and because "the customer is always right", they are obliged to give you what you paid for and thus it will inevitably be wrong.

Believing you'll never be a great reader is self-defeating.
Yep, and self-fulfilling. Although you obviously cannot be absolutely anything you imagine, you will certainly never be more than you can imagine.

nisaba

Do you WANT to be pregnant?

Perhaps you have everything going for a pregnancy - but your boyfriend doesn't. If you were both to have readings, and his pointed to a childless future, that might indicate that if you are looking for motherhood you might want to re-think your partnership options.

Bluebonnet

Does wanting something affect a reading? I never mentioned it to the first reader and had broken up with him by the second reading. They just mentioned it would happen by the end of each year. Anyways, I just thought that since they both mentioned it...it may be a timing issue.

skywatching

I'm glad you asked this I've actually been thinking about this same question myself.

I had a reading with a lady at the beginning of this year and the 10 of cups came up in the reading. She told me that I was going to meet someone and have two children with them a boy and a girl. For the timing she had me pull a card which was the wheel of fortune and she said I would meet him within 10 days or 10 weeks.

The person showed up within the 10 weeks but we are not together and I don't see us having a future together. I'm not sure if she was just saying that because there are children on the card or maybe the 10 of cups showed up in the reading because that is what I wanted but wasn't going to get with this person. Or was the timing wrong?

In my opinion I think to predict children for someone you need to be 100% certain.