Can you read for someone you have NEVER seen/met?

Girl Archer

Absolutely, I have a Tarot business based on that fact. I only read remotely, via e-mail. I never see the querent, or know anything about them except for their question. I have never met anyone I read for and know nothing about them. All i ask is their first name and if the question is about their relationship with someone else I need their first name or initials and that's it.

And it works very well. Ive often been told my readings are "scary accurate".

I don't know about 7 soulmates. A soulmate is to me just someone whom you have probably known in other lifetimes and have a close bond with and with whom your souls have agreed to share something deep in this lifetime. Some people only meet up with one in their lives, some don't at all. I feel like I have had a couple already.

What I connect too? Personally, I never try to connect ot the querent anyway or to anyone invilved in the question. For me, and this differs from person to person, when I read I try to connect to the Divine...Divination , for me, is a communcation with the Divine. In my belief system it is my angels whom I am talking with and who know all , past, present and future. Actually, I do on occasion read for close friends. But that is ever harder because I know them. And I have to keep our connection out of it. It is still about tryingto connect to the Divine for me. So what I do know about them can be a hindreance and colour things if I dont try to keep that out of my mind. I need to be like a blank slate to hear clealry what is being told to me as the answer, not to have other beliefs and thoghts floating around, if you know what I mean. It is harder to read for someone I know for me actually. It can be done of course, but it is harder, It means I have to make an effort to keep my mind clear of the poersonal stuff, when with a stranger I do not have to make that effort.

Spreads? I almost never ever use em. I prefer not to.

Babs

Wow, it is great that you give such accurate readings. My problem with reading for friends (and I only read for myself and friends, I don't do it as a business or anything) is I know their situation beforehand and whatever I say will sound like I am trying to push them into doing what I want them to do, and not what the cards mean. I have even given the LWB to a couple of them skeptics, and because so often the meaning given there changes a little bit, and we cannot explain ill dignified and all that to friends, it becomes a tad messy. All said and done, I don't think I should have read for the person in question. A better way of phrasing her question might have been "What should I do in order to attract the kind of love/relationship that I want?" but then again, I can't force my hand on phrasing people's questions though I have seen many a reader do that on TV. The problem I faced in that particular scenario is that an incurable romantic that my friend is, she refers to the "love of her life" as her "soulmate" = the guy she will marry and be with happily ever after and the likes of it... So, how do you even know who you are addressing in these kind of readings right?

SunChariot

Wow, it is great that you give such accurate readings. My problem with reading for friends (and I only read for myself and friends, I don't do it as a business or anything) is I know their situation beforehand and whatever I say will sound like I am trying to push them into doing what I want them to do, and not what the cards mean. I have even given the LWB to a couple of them skeptics, and because so often the meaning given there changes a little bit, and we cannot explain ill dignified and all that to friends, it becomes a tad messy. All said and done, I don't think I should have read for the person in question. A better way of phrasing her question might have been "What should I do in order to attract the kind of love/relationship that I want?" but then again, I can't force my hand on phrasing people's questions though I have seen many a reader do that on TV. The problem I faced in that particular scenario is that an incurable romantic that my friend is, she refers to the "love of her life" as her "soulmate" = the guy she will marry and be with happily ever after and the likes of it... So, how do you even know who you are addressing in these kind of readings right?

Well one thing about reading for youreslf or for others can you care about is that you have to remain impartial as a reader, in the sense of not prefering to see one answer come up over another. That can be quite a trick sometimes. I can genrerally pull it off when reading for myself but on really emotional issues I can't read on them for that reason. If we have a prefernce of what we want the cards to say...that can colour our readings.

Each card tends to have very different meanings for me every time I see it. As I read mainly throgh the card image and it says different thing to me each time.

But know you should not have to justify yourself to your friends, and explain ill-dignified and other such things. The issue is one of trust. Either they trust that you are a good reader or they don't. That of course starts with your faith in yourself and how sure you are of what you see. As a friend you know them intricately. And you can see things from outside of their situations which they cannot, It is not surpising that the cards will at times (and maybe even often) come up wtih the same advice for them that you would have given them on their own). If your advice is good, the cards may well say the same thing.

But again, you should not have to justify how you arriaved at your answers. They either have faith in you as a reader of they do not. If they do not, don't read for them, is my idea. I never read for skeptics anyway.

And your job as a reader is to just stay impartial and not care which cards come up for them. That can be the hard part. If you can't do that you yourself may not be able to read well for them.

My attitude is this that first of all whatever the cards tell us about the future is not set it stone. It is not big deal really as like 95% of the the time we can change that futuure.It is just where we are currently heading not TEH future. We can change it.

Also, lets say something negative were heading your way. If you didn't know you would keep on going down the same path and "WHAM" it would hit you. IF, on the other hand, you knew it was coming and were told so in a reading, then you could change things and avoid it.

So that, for me, is what keeps me from wanting one answer over another. Whatever comes up is GOOD. If something positive comes up I am happy. If something more negative comes up I am even more happy as now I can fix things and it never has to happen.

If you know what I mean. It's all good. I mean would you rather not know something you did not particularly want was coming and have it come, or know it was coming and change paths and avoid it. Usually we can do that, so that is what keeps me impartial when reading for myself or others. BUT on really emotional issues, I can't pull it off and need to let someone else read for me.

I know what you mean too about knowing their situation beforehand. I prefer to know as little as possible about it when I read to stay impartial. When I ask a client what question they woudl like me to ask the cards, some will write paragarphs about their life stoiy and inside me I am like "Oh no!" as I really don't want to know as it could colour things. Just ht question and the first names of anyone involved and I am good.

For me, I repharse people's questions all the time, why can't you? We are readers know more about the best ways to phrase a question to get the best answers then the querents, why not make suggestions. I almost always help the querent phrase teh question in the best way. the question is very oimportant and the way it is phrased can lead to weaker or stronger answers, to more detailed or more amiguous answers... We are the experts in this, why not make suggestions if we know a better way to phrase the question> I do that all the time. I tell the querent why I think my suggestion may lead to somethign more useful, but I feel free to make such suggestions whenever I see a way to improve the qusetion.

You are the reader, you're in charge of all aspects of the reading, including if the questtion is the best one. You are in charge of earning the confidence of the querent, and it starts with your belief in yourself. That comes more and more with time and experience. For me personally, if someone doesn;t have faith in me and muy skills or feel ready to I won't read for them. It is not my job to convince them.

As for who the cards are talking about ....if the man she loves is mentioned by name in the question, then it is defintiely about him. IF on the other hand the question refers to him simply as her "soul mate" or the "love of her life" it could well be taling about someone else. If you sense it might be tell her to be open to the possibility that it might be someone else. Even if she adores this man,life is life adn we never know what can happen. She may outlive him and then find someone else whim she may possibly love even more.

Hope that helps some, :grin:

Babs

Sinduction

^ What Babs said.

I do hypothetical readings all the time. I read for people that are dead, not yet born, and people not directly involved (3rd party). I read about my loved ones a lot, to make sure there is nothing coming that they aren't prepared to deal with. I read about my business and my dogs. You can read about anything.

I see nothing wrong with doing so. I don't believe I need someone's permission to read about them. No one exists in a vacuum and most times, when I'm reading for someone, other people pop up. When I read for mothers, their children come up. Sometimes a boss will show up, or a mother or father. It is impossible to read for someone without other people.

The only people I won't read for are kids under 16, I like a parent's ok for that. But that is for no other reason than I don't want to expose children to something their parents might object to. Some people do think tarot is the work of the devil.

And like Babs' said, I rephrase questions all the time. Sometimes my sitters don't actually know what it is they want to know. So I help them spell it out.

The best way to get a clear answer is to start with a clear question.

However, it sounds like your friend has other issues. She's going to be deeply disappointed when she realizes that there is no "happily ever after" but that probably won't happen until she's already married with a kid or two. :D

Girl Archer

Well one thing about reading for youreslf or for others can you care about is that you have to remain impartial as a reader, in the sense of not prefering to see one answer come up over another. That can be quite a trick sometimes. I can genrerally pull it off when reading for myself but on really emotional issues I can't read on them for that reason. If we have a prefernce of what we want the cards to say...that can colour our readings.

Each card tends to have very different meanings for me every time I see it. As I read mainly throgh the card image and it says different thing to me each time.

But know you should not have to justify yourself to your friends, and explain ill-dignified and other such things. The issue is one of trust. Either they trust that you are a good reader or they don't. That of course starts with your faith in yourself and how sure you are of what you see. As a friend you know them intricately. And you can see things from outside of their situations which they cannot, It is not surpising that the cards will at times (and maybe even often) come up wtih the same advice for them that you would have given them on their own). If your advice is good, the cards may well say the same thing.

But again, you should not have to justify how you arriaved at your answers. They either have faith in you as a reader of they do not. If they do not, don't read for them, is my idea. I never read for skeptics anyway.

And your job as a reader is to just stay impartial and not care which cards come up for them. That can be the hard part. If you can't do that you yourself may not be able to read well for them.

My attitude is this that first of all whatever the cards tell us about the future is not set it stone. It is not big deal really as like 95% of the the time we can change that futuure.It is just where we are currently heading not TEH future. We can change it.

Also, lets say something negative were heading your way. If you didn't know you would keep on going down the same path and "WHAM" it would hit you. IF, on the other hand, you knew it was coming and were told so in a reading, then you could change things and avoid it.

So that, for me, is what keeps me from wanting one answer over another. Whatever comes up is GOOD. If something positive comes up I am happy. If something more negative comes up I am even more happy as now I can fix things and it never has to happen.

If you know what I mean. It's all good. I mean would you rather not know something you did not particularly want was coming and have it come, or know it was coming and change paths and avoid it. Usually we can do that, so that is what keeps me impartial when reading for myself or others. BUT on really emotional issues, I can't pull it off and need to let someone else read for me.

I know what you mean too about knowing their situation beforehand. I prefer to know as little as possible about it when I read to stay impartial. When I ask a client what question they woudl like me to ask the cards, some will write paragarphs about their life stoiy and inside me I am like "Oh no!" as I really don't want to know as it could colour things. Just ht question and the first names of anyone involved and I am good.

For me, I repharse people's questions all the time, why can't you? We are readers know more about the best ways to phrase a question to get the best answers then the querents, why not make suggestions. I almost always help the querent phrase teh question in the best way. the question is very oimportant and the way it is phrased can lead to weaker or stronger answers, to more detailed or more amiguous answers... We are the experts in this, why not make suggestions if we know a better way to phrase the question> I do that all the time. I tell the querent why I think my suggestion may lead to somethign more useful, but I feel free to make such suggestions whenever I see a way to improve the qusetion.

You are the reader, you're in charge of all aspects of the reading, including if the questtion is the best one. You are in charge of earning the confidence of the querent, and it starts with your belief in yourself. That comes more and more with time and experience. For me personally, if someone doesn;t have faith in me and muy skills or feel ready to I won't read for them. It is not my job to convince them.

As for who the cards are talking about ....if the man she loves is mentioned by name in the question, then it is defintiely about him. IF on the other hand the question refers to him simply as her "soul mate" or the "love of her life" it could well be taling about someone else. If you sense it might be tell her to be open to the possibility that it might be someone else. Even if she adores this man,life is life adn we never know what can happen. She may outlive him and then find someone else whim she may possibly love even more.

Hope that helps some, :grin:

Babs

That helped a lot, actually and wow, you have sat and typed that out so patiently! :laugh:

Girl Archer

^ What Babs said.

I do hypothetical readings all the time. I read for people that are dead, not yet born, and people not directly involved (3rd party). I read about my loved ones a lot, to make sure there is nothing coming that they aren't prepared to deal with. I read about my business and my dogs. You can read about anything.

I see nothing wrong with doing so. I don't believe I need someone's permission to read about them. No one exists in a vacuum and most times, when I'm reading for someone, other people pop up. When I read for mothers, their children come up. Sometimes a boss will show up, or a mother or father. It is impossible to read for someone without other people.

The only people I won't read for are kids under 16, I like a parent's ok for that. But that is for no other reason than I don't want to expose children to something their parents might object to. Some people do think tarot is the work of the devil.

And like Babs' said, I rephrase questions all the time. Sometimes my sitters don't actually know what it is they want to know. So I help them spell it out.

The best way to get a clear answer is to start with a clear question.

However, it sounds like your friend has other issues. She's going to be deeply disappointed when she realizes that there is no "happily ever after" but that probably won't happen until she's already married with a kid or two. :D

Ah, very lucidly expressed. However, at the risk of going off topic WHy do most people treat tarot like it is something satanic? I was chased off campus (and I wasn't even reading, only looking at my new deck) but then again, I am in a Catholic/convent-aided institution. As for my friend, she is a very domestic person at heart and her "happily ever after" consists of a reasonably happy/successful marriage, kids and a job. Not too high expectations, I would say...

Padma

Ah, very lucidly expressed. However, at the risk of going off topic WHy do most people treat tarot like it is something satanic? ...

Because they don't understand it. Fear and ignorance promote hate ;p I think it's a relic feeling or belief leftover from the days of the Inquisition. There are many here who could explain the history of the deck - the religious sects that used it were branded heretics and kicked out of Mother Church. Heck, the Puritans even thought that playing cards were evil! :D