Candles and Other Weird Habits

darcellbishadow

I used to do candle divination, fire scrying too and that is my big problem - If I light a candle it will distract me and I find no matter how hard I try to concentrate on the cards, the candle always breaks my focus

I guess it could go either way. I didn't really get into candle divination. I found it difficult to find a place to keep my candles so that my parents wouldn't find them. Nowadays, candles are much more doable (I keep them in an empty popcorn tin - literally hundreds of candles), but I believe that I have lost the mindset needed for candle divination. Go figure.

Darcellbi

Grizabella

Tara, doesn't the lotion build up on your cards? I avoid using lotion on my hands for that very reason.

It may be personal to you, and if it is, please say so and don't answer, but I'm just wondering why you use scented lotion as part of your ritual?

I don't have any particular rituals myself. A deck of cards, a place to lay them out, and I'm good to go. I've even done a spread in my lap a time or two. It's a little precarious, but whatever works, huh? :D The cards don't seem to care.

Apocalipstick

Can't say I go in for ritual, but.. um... I like sniffing the cards. I love the smell of a well-worn deck.

Anyankah

mollymawk said:
Are you strongly Wands/Fire? That might explain it. I usually also grab a glass of water or a cup of tea or something to sip when I'm about to do a major sit-down with the cards. And I'm strongly Cups. Never thought of it that way, and I can read without anything, just a personal preference.
I was just thinking about this and I realized that the fact that I like to read on the floor would fit: I'm Earth/Air (and it's hard to escape air...)

darcellbishadow

it's hard to escape air...
Well, yeah... You're kinda breathing it. Are you sure that the reason you like to read on the floor is not due to the fact that the floor tends to afford more space, even if it's not as comfy?
Just a thought.

Anyankah

darcellbishadow said:
Are you sure that the reason you like to read on the floor is not due to the fact that the floor tends to afford more space, even if it's not as comfy?
Just a thought.
Yes there are probably all sorts of other good explanations (though probably not the specific one you suggest; my table is big enough.) I just thought it was an interesting connection.