Can't. Go. Without. My. DECKS!!!!

Moonchild1721

The last time I traveled, I went to Hawaii for 2 weeks. Initially, I planned to take just one deck (my Arthurian Tarot) and use the time to force myself to concentrate on one deck only. Well, that didn't work out so well:) I kept changing my mind as to which deck I wanted to concentrate on, and ended up taking 5 decks (it was a really long plane ride!) The friend I went with thought I was nuts, but I still had less luggage than she did!
Samantha

WolfSpirit

WolfSpirit said:
The AP has grown to be my travel companion, it just feels right to have that one with me. On a practical note: it is also one that could be replaced at not too high a cost, should something happen to it.

Oops, just found out this deck seems to be out of print, so I will have to think of another deck to take with me...one that I CAN replace easily.
Life is becoming so complicated *sigh* ;)

Owlface

decks on trips

I like to take two or three so that I have a contrast. At the moment, I'm very keen to go deeper with the Ironwing Tarot, so I'll be taking that to Glastonbury when I go there next month :) But it IS a very deep deck, and I can only really absorb it in small quantities, so I'll also take. . .now, let's see, maybe the Glastonbury Tarot itself (in spite of its stickiness ;) ) The third deck will probably be my beloved Baroque Bohemian Cats.

la-luna

I have always at least one deck with me wherever i go.
Far example: today for going to work i took 2 decks the Haindl and the Archeon.

But when going on holiday i always take at least one i now very well and at least one new one to learn with.
And perhaps (sure) when on holliday i see a place where they sell decks i always take a look and buy (not always amusing for the ones i'm travelling with) When i went to Italy in September 2005 i went with 2 decks and came back with 12!

Alta

WolfSpirit said:
Oops, just found out this deck seems to be out of print,
I looked on amazon.ca and .com and it still seems to available. This deck was in print for a long time, there must be tens of thousands of copies (I assume) and lots still around. :confused:

Amhran

Tarotless in Ireland!

When I was in Ireland for a month last summer I didn't bring a deck. I had thought about it, but decided to be very strict with everything I was packing since my backpack was already very heavy. Well--the second day there I was like an addict in withdrawal--I needed a reading so very badly!

Luckily, there was a woman where I was staying who had a Motherpeace deck (not one I particularly like, but better than nothing!) and did a reading for me. Later on in my travels I found a deck of playing cards at the hostel I was staying at and read for myself with those. All I did was translate the cards into the images they were in the tarot. Of course, no major arcana, but it served the purpose.

Ironically, on my second to last day there I found out the guy who ran the hostel had a whole shop's worth of tarot decks in his apartment which I could have purchased! (He used to have a little shop, but now only had the merchandise in storage.)

This time I am taking a deck--just one! I may invest in a mini deck if I can find one that I like.

WolfSpirit

Marion said:
I looked on amazon.ca and .com and it still seems to available. This deck was in print for a long time, there must be tens of thousands of copies (I assume) and lots still around. :confused:

Yes I am not sure either Marion...I think I read it somewhere at AT and I tried the European amazons and none have it in stock, only from marketplace sellers (who charge too much, as often). But maybe it is just temprarily out of stock...I would not want to cause a panic, lol. But maybe I should invest in a back-up deck while it is still available at a reasonable price anyway...

Goaty's girl

Crazy? - No way

I take a deck with me everywhere... Im currently packing for a 3 day treck up Mount Taranaki. The first thing i pack? yep- my deck and journal...:)

tarantulacat

I've recently started carrying a deck with me wherever I go. Work, shopping, dinner, the movies. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but you never know when the opportunity for a reading will pop up! :)

Emeraldgirl

tarantulacat said:
I've recently started carrying a deck with me wherever I go. Work, shopping, dinner, the movies. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts, but you never know when the opportunity for a reading will pop up! :)

That is the first step :) Welsome to the worl of tarotaholics }) :)