Card quality in mini decks?

GlitterNova

Hello everyone. I've been considering multiple tinned/mini decks recently, namely the Ceccoli mini, the Morgan-Greer in a tin and the Centennial in a tin. Something that's always held me back, though, are complaints I've heard by some reviewers that the cardstock quality of these decks is inferior to the originals. Is this true? What has been your experience of cardstock in mini decks?

EDIT: One thing I forgot to mention, is the printing quality up to par as well? I'm afraid that a deck like the Ceccoli might get blurry or muddy when made smaller.

Etene

I have the mini PCS Centennial and I haven't found anything to complain about. The paper seems to be the same except it's thinner, the mini deck is 23.5 mm compared to the full size at 28.0 mm.

The print quality is no lower. The exact images are reduced in size. Even the faint patterns, like the red diagonal lines over yellow that makes the tint behind the lions and sunflowers on Queen of Wands' throne is visible except smaller. The smaller lines makes the images on the mini look a little more crisp, especially on Smith's hand-written titles.

Scarlet Woodland

I have minis of the PCS Centennial, Pagan Cats and Thoth and the cardstock and print quality are just fine on all three. The cardstock has to be a little thinner than the full size versions just to keep the cards flexible but I've had no problems at all :)

3ill.yazi

My one issue with the tinned RWS cards is that the aspect ratio is squeezed in order to fit the images to the pocket sized cards. So the figures are a little bit short and fat. The mini size RWS, the tiny one, does not have this issue, and is of superior stock.

Scarlet Woodland

My one issue with the tinned RWS cards is that the aspect ratio is squeezed in order to fit the images to the pocket sized cards. So the figures are a little bit short and fat. The mini size RWS, the tiny one, does not have this issue, and is of superior stock.

Wrong aspect ratios drive me bonkers. Have a gorgous little lenormand deck but the moon makes me cringe every time... it looks like someone sat on it :D

Etene

My one issue with the tinned RWS cards is that the aspect ratio is squeezed in order to fit the images to the pocket sized cards.
The tinned Centennial is not distorted.

RiverRunsDeep

I have both the Halloween and PCS Centennial minis. The card stock for both is noticeably thinner, not as sturdy as the full-size decks, yet I wouldn't call it "flimsy".

As for printing quality, I have no problems with the PCS mini; it is lovely! No problems with the Halloween, either, though the coloring is darker in the mini. I'm posting a pic (which is less than fabulous, sorry!) as an example.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpg
    IMG_1470.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 175

Nemia

I have the Pagan Cats and Harmonious minis - both are nice and the card stock is fine. It's even possible to use them in spite of their mini format ;-)

Le Fanu

I almost dropped the Ceccoli mini when I bought it. Awful cardstock. Nothing like any of my other LoS minis, of which I have loads. And all veined with cardboardy texture...

reall

I have mini RWS and manga/US games&lo scarabeo?!:)) it's thin but no quality flaws art is superb!^^ and my mini chakra lenormand PS perfect as well!^^:))