Cards back in order

Micheál

Greetings everyone,

Being a newbie to the forum, I thought I'd go ahead and jump in with a question. With a deck such as the Thoth, with it's order and elaborate imagery being good for divination, meditation, and spiritual progression, how many here put their decks back in order after use?

I ask, because not only being brilliant for divination IMO, I like to occasionally flip through the deck with it in order for other reasons. I know some people never bother putting their decks back in order for certain divination preferences, so I was just curious as to how many do, or don't.

Cheers!

93 93/93

Professor X

I have never put my entire deck back in order for any of the decks that I have. I may put the Trumps or certain suits togther from time to time for the purpose of study,but never the whole deck.

gregory

I only ever put them back in order for study or if I have reason to suppose I might have dropped a card.

Le Fanu

Pure luxury is to have a Thoth deck at hand, eternally in order so you can just use it for quick reference when reading/studying.

Call me extravagant, but I have one such deck. Saves no end of time...

Stormdancer

Le Fanu said:
Pure luxury is to have a Thoth deck at hand, eternally in order so you can just use it for quick reference when reading/studying.

Call me extravagant, but I have one such deck. Saves no end of time...
I have 2 copies....I keep the LARGE one in order for exactly the same reason Le Fanu mentioned....I use the Large one for study because... um...I am old.....and need pesky reading glasses for EVERYTHING!! Using the Large edition for study at least lets me avoid the magnifying glass... LOL

AJ

I never reorder a deck unless I'm putting it up for sale or trade.

Stormdancer

gregory said:
I only ever put them back in order for study or if I have reason to suppose I might have dropped a card.
At which point I just count first...If the count is wrong, THEN I re-order them...

What can I say??? I'm lazy and have WAY more important stuff to attend to...like AT :D

Grigori

I've put my reading deck back into order occasionally, a good way for me to clear attachments to previous readings that are staying in my mind, and a way to check you've not lost a card :laugh:

I also have a couple of copies of this deck, one is my main reading deck and stays in my reading room unless carrying around for use. It's a large trimmed deck.

Another is a non-reading deck (a Urania one) and is always in order and usually on my bedside table. I use it when I want to look at a specific card quickly, or to take out a card for meditative purposes.

I have a couple of other copies also, but they are in my bookshelf and only opened occasionally for reference purposes to compare different print editions.

cardlady22

Is there any other deck that encourages the ownership of so many simultaneous copies? })
I'm another in the camp of Large Stays In Order.

Nevada

For study, experimentation, and a few other reasons, I put a deck into order now and then. But for normal use for readings, no. Every now and then, as Grigori mentions, in order to clear my mind of past readings more than to clear the cards, I'll do so. This is, to me, like an extra special shuffle - an UN-shuffle and then shuffle, LOL. But that's so rare it doesn't enter my mind that often even to consider doing so.

And of course to make sure now and then that there are no cards missing. :)

cardlady22 said:
Is there any other deck that encourages the ownership of so many simultaneous copies? })
Uh - no. :)