Cards indicating single life.

Xrysalida

I was wondering.. we sometimes do the question,
How will my next boyfriend/girlfriend be? or Who is the woman/man I will marry etc etc
the cards always have something to say and whatever comes up we translate it,
but what about when a person is not meant to be with any partner and when noone is going to appear, then what kind of cards or combinations you think could hint this?

Maybe 4 of cups, Hanged man, Hermit :p
and again someone could translate them etc "Your next bf/gf or husband/wife will be very dream, difficult on taking decisions and introvert.

Any ideas?

laurence

I understand what you mean and I reckon the way we ask the question is super relevant.

When we ask:"How my next gf/bf will be?", we already suppose that the querrent will have a next gf/bf, so tarot can be misinterpreted.

It's better to ask something without underlying facts that don't exist (yet), so Tarot can be interpreted accuratly.

What about: how/where can I meet a potential partner? or what prevents me to attract somebody?

Or try this spread: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=44427

Hope It's clear enough!!

Xrysalida

aaa yes, I know this spread :D

but again, for example if the "where will you be emotionaly when you meet you right much" is a Hermit? and the Hermit wants to say that you will not! and not that after some introspection you will meet someone bla bla bla?
I think as you said it, like the kind of question the nature of it, I was thinking maybe to make a question like "Is there a potential to be with someone in this life?" something like this, to prepare the ground before THE question :)

laurence

It's not " where will I be emotionnally?"
It's" where DO I NEED TO BE emotionnally?"
That's why this spread can help.

But I think you need to prepare the ground as you said.
Especially if you don't have any relevant information about the querrent.

happyfish

Cards indicating single life...the most common ones I've seen would be:
2 of Wands: I tend to see this a lot when someone is evaluating their life, trying to make their own decisions and come up with their own life vision. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be 'single' but it could be viewed this way.
Magician: I recently had the Magician come up in a reading for a man who was considering taking a break from his girlfriend. The Magician seemed to indicate him kind of taking control of his own life, and creating the future he wants for himself.

Xrysalida

Cards indicating single life...the most common ones I've seen would be:
2 of Wands: I tend to see this a lot when someone is evaluating their life, trying to make their own decisions and come up with their own life vision. It doesn't necessarily mean they have to be 'single' but it could be viewed this way.
Magician: I recently had the Magician come up in a reading for a man who was considering taking a break from his girlfriend. The Magician seemed to indicate him kind of taking control of his own life, and creating the future he wants for himself.
Very interesting about 2 of wands, I have seen it exactly as you describe and I suspect that the person who was 2 of wands that they don't plan to be with someone in their life, at least for now.
and yes, the magician could be one, maybe paired with another card like this, maybe a Swords courts King/Queen

LadyV

I thought I read somewhere that the 9P can indicate being single.

ArchAngelMeshi

I think all the 9's are (with varying degrees of happiness)

Hermit should be a given. I think all the 4s are too. (Except for maybe Wands)

Xrysalida

I think all the 9's are (with varying degrees of happiness)

Hermit should be a given. I think all the 4s are too. (Except for maybe Wands)
Also 4 of pents, I see that as keeping a situation as it is, so if there is a relationship and 4 of pents it the outcome I would see that as keeping the relationship at the rhythms and stage it is the current moment, depends from the surrounding cards of course.