Celebrity Tarot readers? Seriously?

seven stars

There was a tarot reader (not going to mention names) who must have purchased some spam package, because on my FB feed was an announcement that she was "Coming to Omaha and offering tarot readings by appointment"....for $120 a pop??? Perhaps it's this throbbing headache interfering with my perception, but I was like, seriously? I thought this was extremely brazen & since she appeared on MY feed I felt I had the right to respond & I told her she was welcome to come visit me or any of the other much more talented readers than I here in the City of O for an excellent reading for twenty bucks. Apparently she has written "A Book". For my $120 she better be able to correctly predict the lottery numbers is all I can say. I don't know why but this annoyed me.

LeFou

I hope your headache is gone now. The best, most life-changing reading I ever got was for five dollars. I asked the reader if I should quit my day-job, and go full-time as a musician. I pulled a card, and he simply asked what I thought of the picture.

It was the 5 of Pentacles, and I was speechless. I consider that a million-dollar reading. Thanks to that man and the power of that reading, 20 years later, I became a reader. I wish I could thank that man, but since I can't, I've tried to become him.

The crowned one

120.00?? dang she under cut me by 30.00 I hope we are not on the same tour. ;)

ravenest

I charge that if the client is a lawyer (payment billed in advance and divided into sections BEFORE I do each section). I charge $5 for single mums and unemployed. Nurses and ambulance officers for free.

Me? ... broke ... but happy :)

DownUnderNZer

I would pay, and have done, that amount if it is a reputable well known reader that is psychic/clairvoyant/medium not using any tools. Not a celebrity, but well recommended. :)

DownUnderNZer

Actually, a friend of mine went to this celebrity reader at a Mind, Body, Soul festival we went to last year which cost her $150 for 30 minutes. I told her not to do it as I thought it was too much to pay for such a short time. But she really really really wanted to do it!. So.....all a part of learning I spose.

As it turned out he kept jotting things down for her as he went along and when I spoke to her after the reading she found that some things he was bang on with and other things not. He used cards and her birthdate I think.

She was ok with her reading.

When I caught up with her a month ago (6 months on) and asked again for post feedback and if it was worth the money she thought that it was a good experience for her as it was what she wanted to do, but that some of the things he said then didn't happen and some of it was not right like the past. What he said about her brother was SPOT ON, but not what she asked or wanted to know.

So, sometimes celebrities might not be the way to go, as what she was wanting to know was not future future and linked mostly to work/career and a bit on people around her then or in the near future.

Le Fanu

But how many people would admit to spending a lot of money, above the market rate - against the advice of friends - and then turn round and then say to that same friend "no, she didn't get everything right?"

Not many, probably. So I suppose you have to justify it be saying some of it was spot on!

DownUnderNZer

But how many people would admit to spending a lot of money, above the market rate - against the advice of friends - and then turn round and then say to that same friend "no, she didn't get everything right?"

Not many, probably. So I suppose you have to justify it be saying some of it was spot on!

Good question is...what is the market rate?

She said from the first time he wasn't right and again a month ago only what he didn't get right then was the past and what he didn't get right 6 months on was the work and career answer for the near future.

If you cant get the past or present then something is amiss and he was using cards and a birthdate, so excellent tools to nail info and insight for past, present and future.

What is the market rate? Didn't even know there was one.

tarotcognito

Good question is...what is the market rate?

She said from the first time he wasn't right and again a month ago only what he didn't get right then was the past and what he didn't get right 6 months on was the work and career answer for the near future.

If you cant get the past or present then something is amiss and he was using cards and a birthdate, so excellent tools to nail info and insight for past, present and future.

What is the market rate? Didn't even know there was one.
There are a lot of variables that come into play when it comes to market rates, i.e. whether you read in person or online, where you live, how long you've been reading, how booked you are with clients, etc. etc.