Celtic Cross

shi-kahr

I love the Celtic Cross spread. Nevertheless, sometimes it's rather confusing especially when I follow Waite's pattern. Is there a better positioning?

Apollonia

It's not a quick fix by any means, but I have found Joan Bunning's site to be an invaluable tool in deciding how I want to read my Celtic Cross. Here's a link to her extensive information on the positions:
http://www.learntarot.com/ccross.htm#positions

Lysh

Apollonia said:
It's not a quick fix by any means, but I have found Joan Bunning's site to be an invaluable tool in deciding how I want to read my Celtic Cross. Here's a link to her extensive information on the positions:
http://www.learntarot.com/ccross.htm#positions

The above site has been an invaluable tool for me as well..I also recommend taking a look at that site. :) Good luck!

sweet_intuition

Hey shi-kahr

I would recommend Mary K Greer's book, "Tarot for Yourself". There she has dedicated an entire chapter to the Celtic Cross spread, which helped me get not only a better understanding of the spread, but enabled me to be creative with it and use it for any and almost every reading.

For me, that's the best explanation of the spread ever :)

Fire_Opal

personally this is how i do it

ok here we go i love the celtic cross.
its to me the most personal tarrot reading possible, you read and research as many ways of setting it out untill you find the best way for you. each reading has to be right for you alone. and when you get old hand at the cards you can set it out any way you like. the way you lay them personally has nothing to do with the meaning of the cards as long as you remember which one is which you will be fine just research untill you are comfortable.

suedeheadsmiths

Keltic Cross

Wow, this is my favorite spread. Everyone's input helped me also. I follow the method used by Rachel Pollack and Mary Greer which is the same as Apollonia listed. I love Mr. Waite, but I never felt with the way he set it up, and the person that did my first ever reading set it up the same way as Rachel Pollack. Thanks everyone.

Chris

Rosanne

I learned Tarot with the Celtic Cross. It took a while but is truely a complete reading spread. I taught myself a ditty to remember it, and now I just go in a circle. It does look good to the questioner in a sort of professional way, probably because of the way you lay the cards out in a pattern.
ONE- is what the readings about
TWO- is obstacles in front of you
THREE- is where you aim to be
FOUR- is what went down long before
FIVE- is just gone but still alive
SIX-is the card of a new influence mix
SEVEN- is the questioner at this table
EIGHT- is whats around your stable
NINE- is all your hopes and fears
TEN-is the possible result, the product of the previous nine.
Amen.
I lay them out like this- I do not use a signifier.
*****5**3**6******
***4**********10**
***2***********9**
*****1**7**8******
You can see the for example The Querent is opposite the Goal.7 + 3 or that 2 is opposite 9, and that might be where the fears are coming from etc etc.
You can see clearly the cards and their corresponding partners. Diagonally opposite 5 is 8 and this also may have a relationship. I hope I have not made it clear as mud. ~Rosanne

shi-kahr

Thanks

Thank you all.

MercyMe

Well, Waite's original version was more for divining one's own spiritual state, not to be used so much the way it has come to be used since. It was supposed to be a really esoteric spread, less fortune telling and more probing of the spiritual self.