changing a prediction

MR GREEN

How do you, deal with a reading that shows, that you may have a bad week ahead.I am interested in the ways we use to change the course of events,that show up in a personal reading.That is if you do think we can change the direction of a reading that predicts certain events. .? Clive...

kglyphics

How do you, change a reading that shows, that you may have a bad week ahead.I am interested in the ways we use to change the course of events,that show up in a personal reading.That is if you do think we can change direction.? Clive...

Maybe ask the deck what you can do to prevent these bad things from happening. But I believe certain events are meant to happen and that's why we're able to pre determine these events through the cards.

MR GREEN

Good point,do you have good results from this. Clive...

EyeAmEye

I would say it probably depends heavily on the cards in the spread. If it's all minors (pips), it might be something easily avoided. If there are courts, which might indicate other people as the potential cause, the situation might be harder to alter.

If there are numerous majors, it might be something you simply need to buck up and deal with.

zannamarie

I believe the cards reflect the energies at the time the reading was done. Therefore if those energies change then the outcome will change as well.

For example, if the cards seem to predict a traffic accident in the upcoming week, I'd consider either taking a new route to work or commuting at a different time you normally do because that would change the "normal" energies. The intent is not to try and avoid an accident but to change the energies around you so as to produce a different outcome.

Think of the "butterfly effect"--a small change in one place or pattern in your life can more to a bigger change at a later time and place.

If the cards predict X as an outcome, think about how that might happen and what changes you might be able to make in your thoughts or actions which could produce a different result, ie. one you would prefer.

SunChariot

How do you, deal with a reading that shows, that you may have a bad week ahead.I am interested in the ways we use to change the course of events,that show up in a personal reading.That is if you do think we can change the direction of a reading that predicts certain events. .? Clive...

I don't personally use spreads, so really the trick is in asking the right questions and phrasing them in the best way.

My first thought is that you should be specific as to what you want to change it too. Change is change and it can be for the better or for the worse. You don't just want change you want a spefific kind of change.

For example, I would not just ask: "What can I do now that will change where I am headign in my relationship with X?" I would ask for the specifiic kind of change i want.

EG " What can I do now that will encourage a better communication between X and I this week? Or to create a more open caring atmosphere between. Or even "What can I do now to prevent "Y" from happening between us thsi week.

My favourite is to ask "What steps can I take now to...." Then the cards will list the steps you need to take one by one and you can take them and then change your fuutre.

In my worldview though, things cannot always be changed. USUALLY they can by not always. some things are fated to haooen. But those tend to be rare and fae between. But if the cards tell you there is nothing you can do. And you have to let it go. And, in my belief system.....then you can be grateful, Becafuse when those tshings come up, they are always in our best interest.

Babs

tarotbear

How do you deal with a reading that shows that you may have a bad week ahead.

If your reading shows that you MAY have a bad week ahead, it must also contain the seeds of what exactly will bring about that 'bad week,' be it mis-communications, problems with transportation, systems going down, etc. These give you a 'heads-up' about those problems. Some of them may NOT be something you can change, but you are being told this information to PREPARE for the problem. Forewarned is forearmed, even if you cannot change the outcome.

MR GREEN

Thank's all for the reply's,Question,if the daily/weekly spread is mainly court,or Major cards,what is the majority thinking abought the possiblity of changing the out come ?.Question 2 in a free form spread how many cards do you use to find out a course of action, Babs. Clive...

EyeAmEye

Thank's all for the reply's,Question,if the daily/weekly spread is mainly court,or Major cards,what is the majority thinking abought the possiblity of changing the out come ?.Question 2 in a free form spread how many cards do you use to find out a course of action, Babs. Clive...

Since I've already given my take on the whole court and major issue, I would clarify the court card situation depends heavily on who the courts represent. Obviously, if the court card is indicative of someone of great prominence in your life (also depending on what that relationship is), the situation would be much harder to alleviate or avoid.

tarotbear

I do have to add, MR GREEN, that just because the Tarot MAY say you MAY have a bad week ahead it in no way guarantees that it will happen. This is the hardest thing about 'Predictive Tarot': sometimes those predictions may never come true.