charging cards

queriamas814

i like to sleep with them then clean them with florida water. any other ways to charge?

Sulis

Why do you need to charge them?

celticnoodle

some people do feel the need to charge their cards, and sleeping with them near your bed, or under your mattress is one way of doing so. other ways that had been discussed here, if I recall correctly are:

1. handling them frequently, shuffling them while you are sitting watching television or something else.

2. putting them in order--Majors first, 0-21, then each of the suits and in order from ace to king.

3. carrying them with you continously--in your purse, and allowing them to be around your own personal items that others do not necessarily touch.

4. just simply begin using them for readings or playing games with them.

5. go through them one by one, looking at each card, and becoming familair with them.

I hope this has answered your question, queriamas814 & welcome to A.T. There are many different threads here where you can use your deck to learn more about reading, and I hope you return to do so!

Umbrae

Cards don't charge. It's not like they gain power by plugging them in.

Use them.

Your working relationship with the cards charges YOU. The cards are only triggers.

ilweran

I wouldn't mind charging them rent for the amount of space they take up :D

queriamas814

in my practice of hoodoo, we charge our tarot cards

Grizabella

The only time I've heard of "charging" cards is in using the Lenormand cards. In that, you "charge" your significators, if I remember right.

celticnoodle

there has been at least one thread on here regarding this subject. I don't 'charge' my cards. I feel like Umbrae says--the cards CHARGE me! I'd like ilweran's response though, and agree--I'd like to charge them rent--they take up enough room here! :laugh:

I do go to a psychic and while she reads, she likes to hold a deck of cards that the client brings and has charged in the ways that I've listed in my previous post. She is an awesome psychic, and for some reason, she needs the cards to do this. she is so accurate--so there must be something to it.

however, I still do not charge my cards--I don't light a candle while doing a tarot reading, and I don't put down a tarot cloth either. I am not always working on a wooden table or stone table--sometimes it's on top of a book, or right on my couch, or kitchen couter top---even the bed top at times.

Some feel you must do certain things with their divination tools, and that is fine, if this is how you feel. For me, it's a just a matter of shuffling the cards, asking the question(s) and throwing out the cards and reading what they say. That's it, really, though I do meditate daily, and not really for tarot reading, I feel I'm at my best reading, when I've meditated.

Logiatrix

"CHAAARGE!"

When I first read the title, I imagined an army of all 78 cards lined up, a battle cry, and a stampede! *LOL* :laugh:

Sorry...it's late.
:rolleyes:

SunChariot

Sulis said:
Why do you need to charge them?

I've never really understood that either. To me the power/magic in readings comes from within the reader him/herself and is not found in the cards. I can see the reader wanted to "charge" him/herself first through meditation or any connecting/relaxing practices. But I never could see why charging the cards could change anything.

Babs