Ciro Marchetti Decks - questions for owners

Healing Spirit

Having a few pounds to spare, and a cheap local Tarot deck supplier, I invested in two Marchetti decks - The Gilded Tarot and The Legacy of the Divine. I bought them as I love the artwork.

I have 2 questions:

1. Of those two decks, which do you prefer a. to look at and b. to read with?

2. How many of you use either of these decks as your "go to" decks when reading for others?

My own answers - I love the artwork on the Gilded Tarot but for me it is outshone by the Legacy of the Divine.

I can't imagine doing readings with either deck and may keep them as meditation decks, but this may change as I get used to them.

Have a great week

Nic

faunabay

Nic, I have all 3 of Ciro's decks. So can at least give my opinion. :)

The Gilded was the first tarot deck he did. Then came the Tarot of Dreams. Then finally the Legacy of the Divine.

In each progressive deck he got more polished with his art and IMO more intune with tarot. That's probably one of the reasons you like the Legacy deck better. It just has more experience behind it when it was made (artistically and tarotwise).

The Legacy of the Divine to me is more balanced with the masculine and feminine energies, while the Gilded, again to me, is more masculine.

The Gilded is a wonderful deck to learn tarot with though. My copy is actually now loaned out to a friend of mine who's learning tarot. :)

As for your other question.....I don't really have a "go to" deck to read with others. I just use whichever one I want to at the time and it changes constantly depending on mood. LOL So I can't answer that question for you.

But I do read with all three of Ciro's decks. They actually read quite well for me. Although I agree they would be good meditative decks as well.

Have fun getting to know your new decks though. And don't discount the Gilded either. You might find yourself going back to it later after some of the "shine" has worn off from the Legacy deck. LOL

Wendywu

I have both those two. I personally prefer the LoD because I like the black fading edges.

I haven't read with either (because I am fixated elsewhere), but I know each deck has a hugely loyal following here :)

Healing Spirit

Thanks faunabay

A quick question if I may - the cards seem a liitle thin; have you had any problems with wear and tear?

I may have to get the third deck you mention, just for sake of completeness, of course !

Thanks wendywu - I have seen the wide following here, hence the questions to liven up a Sunday :shhh:

Le Fanu

I think I shall be the lone voice here and I think I shall relish the fact :) ;

I genuinely think that the Tarot of Dreams is - to date - Ciro's Tarot masterwork (just my opinion..)

I have the large Special Edition and the version with the 4 Palace cards. There is something about this deck which perfectly marries futurism, concise tarot imagery and his penchant for whirring clockwork and it all comes together so - well - perfectly. I always find it odd that I don't find the Legacy of the Divine as vibrant, vivid or readable as the T of Dreams...

HearthCricket

I have and love all three of his decks! The Gilded has been and always will be my go-to deck. It is very customer friendly and eye catching, very readable and gosh darn, I wish I had this as my starter deck back in the 70's! I treasure it!

The Tarot of Dreams is literally more dreamy. It is a very personal deck, to me, where I feel like I am being drawn into very intimate situations and sometimes feel like an intruder! It is a beautiful deck and I am glad I have both the LE's and the MM ones.

Legacy of the Divine is just that. Divine and heralding his legacy to the tarot world. I honestly have not used it a lot and plan to around the holidays and into the New Year. I look forward to using it, but my first impressions was that it was very strong, bold, emotional and in your face. I like that. Not just pretty pictures, but literally closeups of a lot of the characters and situations.

I find it terribly hard to actually compare and say which one is best. I love them all too much to be able to do that. And I am thrilled that he is doing an oracle which will work well on its own or with any of his tarot decks. It looks powerful and mystical.

If you HAVE to choose between them, I would simply find sites that show the entire decks and see which one clicks best with you, but I think once you have a Ciro deck, you probably just want more! :) That is how I feel, at least!!

faunabay

Healing Spirit said:
Thanks faunabay

A quick question if I may - the cards seem a liitle thin; have you had any problems with wear and tear?

I may have to get the third deck you mention, just for sake of completeness, of course !
I don't use them alot so can't comment on that. But what I have used I haven't had a bit of trouble with wear and tear.

And of course you ought to get the Tarot of Dreams!!! I'll bet especially after reading Le Fanu's comment about it too!!! })

Le Fanu, I adore the Tarot of Dreams as well. I love the Palace cards. I think they add so much to the deck.

The two - Legacy and TofD are pretty hand in hand for me. I love them both. I like the above mentioned Palace cards and the Knights in TofD. But I really like the masculine/feminine energy balance in the Legacy deck I think a bit more.

That being said though...now that you bring it up.... LOL I think I end up pulling out the Tarot of Dreams a bit more for readings that the Legacy deck. hmmm..... I never really thought about that before because it's not an overwhelming TofD pick over Legacy but I think it does win out a little bit in the readings area.

Le Fanu

faunabay said:
That being said though...now that you bring it up.... LOL I think I end up pulling out the Tarot of Dreams a bit more for readings that the Legacy deck. hmmm..... I never really thought about that before because it's not an overwhelming TofD pick over Legacy but I think it does win out a little bit in the readings area.
You see! I was right! })

faunabay

Le Fanu said:
You see! I was right! })
ROFL Now now, don't get too cocky!! But I will say, in this instance :p, you just might be right. .....for readings that is! I stick by my masc/fem. energy comments though. hehehe

Le Fanu

when you say masc/feminine energy, are you saying that you feel the L ot D has a more balanced male/female distribution?

Do you think the Tarot of Dreams is more masculine? Might that be why I like it?

Just a-pondering...