Clearing a Space?

PisceanRedhead

Things have occurred on my property to suggest that one (or more) of the spirits hanging around is in a bit of a foul mood lately... nothing violent or anything, but it seems as though there's a bit of a cloud hanging over the place... and we've had some odd things happen here and there (lights/appliances flickering; objects in one place before going to bed, waking up and finding them elsewhere; animals on guard; heavy feeling in the hallway connecting the bedrooms; etc.)

I was wondering if there is a way to free the property of any negative energies and/or get the current spirits to cheer up/get along? Someone I work with suggested moving throughout the house and property with a sage smudge stick that I have yet to try, but would like to do in the near future. Is there anything else I should try? Or would the smudge stick suffice?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!
PR

HearthCricket

PisceanRedhead said:
Things have occurred on my property to suggest that one (or more) of the spirits hanging around is in a bit of a foul mood lately... nothing violent or anything, but it seems as though there's a bit of a cloud hanging over the place... and we've had some odd things happen here and there (lights/appliances flickering; objects in one place before going to bed, waking up and finding them elsewhere; animals on guard; heavy feeling in the hallway connecting the bedrooms; etc.)

I was wondering if there is a way to free the property of any negative energies and/or get the current spirits to cheer up/get along? Someone I work with suggested moving throughout the house and property with a sage smudge stick that I have yet to try, but would like to do in the near future. Is there anything else I should try? Or would the smudge stick suffice?

Any advice is appreciated!

Thank you!
PR

I just had to do this, last night. Smudge or Sage incense works, putting clear quartz crystals in each corner of the house and the ringing of bells. I also clap, and pray (Buddhist) and ask the good spirits to chase away the evil ones. Best of luck to you! Not a happy feeling, is it?!

PisceanRedhead

HearthCricket said:
I just had to do this, last night. Smudge or Sage incense works, putting clear quartz crystals in each corner of the house and the ringing of bells. I also clap, and pray (Buddhist) and ask the good spirits to chase away the evil ones. Best of luck to you! Not a happy feeling, is it?!

No it's not... and while I tend to be left out of it (perhaps due to the fact that I've requested <through prayer> that my own personal space be cleared of negative energies <in general, but also especially before doing a tarot or oracle reading>), I see the effects of it on the people I live with. Tensions seem to be running a bit high and the amount of laughter seems to be decreasing... There are multiple structures on the property... and I want to take a smudge stick and clear them all, including vehicles and everything! Too much negativity lately!

Thanks for your advice HearthCricket... I really appreciate it!

willowfox

What you are describing sounds too strong for an ordinary sage smudge stick to handle.

In Thailand a person would call the monks to come, with their holy water, incense and candles, prayers/chants would have to be said, and a special cord put around the house to stop anything from trying to re enter.

Blessed amulets/ magick squares would need to be worn, they look like metal squares with writing stamped on to them, they are rolled around a length of string that is then worn around the neck for protection. You get these from a monk.

Miss Divine

I agree with Willowfox!

I've had to call in help from somebody very experienced with this.
My burning sage an prayers did nothing to help me.

I wish you lots of luck with this!

TC,

Phoebe

HearthCricket

willowfox said:
In Thailand a person would call the monks to come, with their holy water, incense and candles, prayers/chants would have to be said, and a special cord put around the house to stop anything from trying to re enter.

Indeed and a lot of this depends on your own spirituality and who you can get to come, if you want to take it a step further. Shortly after we moved here I had bought a lovely icon to put on the wall. A friend heard about it and set up an appointment to have a monk come and bless it. When he arrived with a few priests/deacons, he asked if our house had been blessed. It had not, so they did it. It was a wonderful experience to have them going from room to room, chanting, in a procession, including us, and blessing each room and purifying the whole house and us, as well. (And yes, the icon, too!) So, this is a definite possibility, if you can find someone with authority to do it.

tarot4fun

For years I have walked our properties ~ other homes and the current one.
Sometimes I use prayer, blessings, and positive words ~ other times I have used salt as well.
Inside I regularly use sage and sweetgrass ~ especially in rooms where there has been illness or tension.

I think Willowfox's recommendation is good ~ sometimes we need the support of likeminded people (group effort) as well as holy people or at someone trained/experienced in such matters.

Many blessings~
Suz :heart:

Alta

It is helpful to:

Give the house a thorough cleansing, infusing the water and cleaners with intent and asking for blessing. Clean mindfully, focusing intent. This does not have to be in one day. Last time I did this it took me several days to finish cleaning the house.

Clap out the rooms, especially corners and then go through again and ring a bell, following the walls and not forgetting corners.

PisceanRedhead

Thank you all for your suggestions. but I hope I haven't represented the situation to be more ominous than it seems to be... the energy in the house is stagnant... like it has nowhere to go and subsequently seems to get caught in places like the short hallway I mentioned previously... it's almost as if it gets frustrated at being stuck, and shows it's frustration as issues with lights and (for example) the television. This stagnant energy causes the inhabitants (human and animal) to be a bit on edge, which, subsequently produces more negativity to hang around the place...

Perhaps, as an initial step in cleansing, a good scrubbing, airing out, and smudge stick tour throughout the house would be helpful... with additional assistance if this doesn't yield results... As far as cleansing other areas of the property, including vehicles... well, I guess it's kind of a way of clearing everything in one go...even if there's no obvious reason to do so... (if that makes sense)...

Question - does the introduction of tarot/oracle cards and small representatives of animal spirit guides into a home affect the energy in a negative manner even if there is a prayer for blessing and infusion of the item with love and light said over it before it is placed in my room?

willowfox

PisceanRedhead said:
Question - does the introduction of tarot/oracle cards and small representatives of animal spirit guides into a home affect the energy in a negative manner even if there is a prayer for blessing and infusion of the item with love and light said over it before it is placed in my room?

Introducing these items into your home will not produce negativity, but the things I would be very wary of are anything that was second hand.

You can start by cleaning and brighting up your home, get rid of all unnecessary rubbish, as it tends to hold on to negativity. A cluttered house is like a chaotic mind, is full of confusion. Sometimes adding more lights and a splash of paint does wonders to alleviate negativity.
But if the problem persists then something much more heavy duty will need to be done.