Combination of Tarot, Numerology, and Astrology

sunstallion

First, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread. If it is not, moderator, please move it to the appropriate forum.

I am looking for some threads, discussions, links or any sources that talk about the combination of astrology, numerology, and astrology altogether, but I am having a hard time to find it. Anyone has any suggestions ?

Do you think a combination of tarot, astrology, numerology altogether is a powerful tool than just tarot, astrology, or numerology or tarot-astrology, tarot-numerology, astrology-numerology ?

214red

i have personally found they all support eachother and link, will explain when i have more time
happy xmas

Minderwiz

I can't remember a thread that covers all three, but I know we have had quite a few threads on tarot and Astrology.

I've done qualifications in all three, but to be honest I don't use Tarot and Numerology much these days. There are quite a few people who use all three but if you intend to do that you really need to decide exactly how you are going to integrate the three, which in turn means that you have to have a very good knowledge of all three.

dadsnook2000

Tarot & Astro Readings

I've done a large number of combined Tarot & Astro readings on other Tarot sites as well as a few on my blog last spring/summer. Essentially, using your Sun sign/house (and sometimes the Moon sign/house) along with transits, I do a mini reading. Then, depending upon the question, I use any of several spreads (although I prefer to just do a three card reading) I'll do the Tarot reading. It is amazing how well they cross support each other.

Doing these Tarot-Astro readings here on AT doesn't permit one to post the chart or the spread/cards used due to space/memory restrictions. It is more enlightening to see the chart and spread together. But, be assured that it all works quite well. Try it. Dave

BigLuna

I'm another who uses all three tools and find they support each other nicely. I always look for astro insights in tarot and have a very specific astro to card methodology. Numerology is harder to pin to the astrology, but there are some correlations. There's not a standard astro/numero system, and so it becomes more "what works for you" rather than specific associations.

sunstallion

Good books on Tarot and Astrology combined

Based on all of you said, a combo of tarot and astrology is good. So, do you know any good books on this tarot-astrology topic that you can recommend ?

sunstallion

dadsnook2000 said:
I've done a large number of combined Tarot & Astro readings on other Tarot sites

I am just curious. What other Tarot sites you work with besides this one ?

Yygdrasilian

...where Childhood's dreams are twined

sunstallion said:
I am looking for some threads, discussions, links or any sources that talk about the combination of astrology, numerology, and astrology altogether, but I am having a hard time to find it. Anyone has any suggestions ?
One may approach this path from a Number of directions, but its’ characteristics are in accord with our knowledge of Pythagorean teaching. Formerly known as ‘the unwritten Qabalah’, Crowley’s Tarot attributions are attuned to this application of ‘music theory’ in using synodic planetary cycles to model specific mathematical constants.

As an example, and One which lends validity to our predecessors’ claims of Tarot being Thoth’s Book, is Earth’s 7 year cycle of conjunctions with Mercury (22/7), a ratio long known for its’ close approximation of pi, obtained by adding together all the minor arcana and multiplying that sum (231) by 11, for the ELeveNth harmonic (11:8)

231 x 11 ≈ mercury-earth 22:7 synodic cycle

There is a method for constructing an alchemical map to the music of the spheres from the astrological glyphs attributed Tarot through its’ partition by digit root [e.g. 15 = 1+5 = 6]. This will cut the deck into 10 components of a larger puzzle - each embedded with the necessary instructions for its’ assembly within the greater whole.

2 ARROW: 2=11=20
3 CHALICE: 3=12=21
4 CROWN: 4=13=22 (0=22)
9 BRIDGE: 9=18
5 ‘STAFF’: 5=14
6 ‘PILLARS’: 6=15
7 SPIRAL: 7=16
11 CROSS: 1=10=19
8 STAR: 8=17

Arriving at ‘the big picture’ is a process of rectification, requiring repeated distillations. Yet, embodying certain mathematical ‘facts’ concerning acoustic science which persist regardless of creed, color, or chronology, we could say this is a Path of beholding what One already knows...

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=129729

dadsnook2000

For sunstallion

For several years I was the moderator for the Tarot half of Tarot-Transits, a Yahoo site that was suddenly shut down by the site owner a year or two back with no explanation to anyone after some eight years on-line. For two years, while the site-owner was ill, I also carried the Astrology half of that site.

Other than that, I have done a lot here on AT in the past, but that has mostly ceased since I started the "21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card" thread three years ago next month. That active site, covering 21 different topics at the lower level and 21 topic areas at the Adept level has had some of its threads gathering 4,000 or 8,000, even 12,000 views and many participants. Mary Greer has been kind enough to jump in once in awhile as well as offer direct comments to/thru me from time to time.

Many here on AT have had my Astro-Tarot readings done for them, including presently active members.

As for the relationship between the three disciplines mentioned, I would direct your attention to the Divine Triangle --- this book correlates Numbers, Tarot and Astrology and is highly informative. HOWEVER, it is my view that the meaning of numbers in Numerology and Astrology are applied very differently.
** ONE is generally treated the same in Numerology and Astrology.
** TWO is numerologically seen as pairing and receptivity. Astrology leans more to seeing TWO, the Opposition aspect, as relationships, tension, and enemies.
** THREE is manifestation and creativity but in Astrology its seen as ease, flow, harmony, and creativity (5th house) and study (9th house)
** FOUR, in Numerology, is stability and order. Astrology sees four (square) as conflict, tension, struggle and activity.

These are just a few examples. Dave

ravenest

sunstallion said:
First, I am not sure if this is the right forum to post this thread. If it is not, moderator, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Do you think a combination of tarot, astrology, numerology altogether is a powerful tool than just tarot, astrology, or numerology or tarot-astrology, tarot-numerology, astrology-numerology ?

Try the Thoth part of the forum and the sub-section to it the Golden Dawn / Hermetic part. Both decks combine astrology, tarot ( ;) of course) and 'numerology'(in the form of the numbering of the cards and how each 'number' gives the tarot / astro combination a specific 'flavour'. Most 'hermetic' decks look at this type of information and combination but usually using qabbalah, which, for some, is the real and esoteric root of western numerology.