combust/under the beams

Maggiemay

Minderwiz said:
Cazimi, which is an accidental dignity, occurs when the planet is within 17 minutes. Although Lilly doesn't state it, I think it is clear that this also required the planet to be in the same sign as the Sun.

Could anyone tell me : How I would go about calculating the 17 arc minutes? I'm guessing I'd have look at the longitude of the sun and whatever planet is involved, right? Or do I have to look at the declineation?

So for example, let's take someone with the sun at longitude : 6'58'41 Taurus and say... jupiter at 7'29'15 in taurus. Do I divide 6'58 by 60? That would give me approximately 0.10 arc minute. Then I would multiply 0,10 with 17 and get 1,86 which I would add to the 6'58 degree of the sun, which would give me 8'44. So, that would mean that the cazimi aspect would be between 6'58 and 8'44.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks,

Maggie :)

Sophie

I just look to see if there's 17' between the sun and the planet - I don't calculate anything at all.

If the sun is at 6°15' Taurus, and the Moon at 6° 01' of Taurus - I see that as 14' between them, which makes the Moon cazimi.

Thanks Minderwiz - I somehow missed the same sign distinction in my Lilly :rolleyes:

Maggiemay

Fudugazi said:
I just look to see if there's 17' between the sun and the planet - I don't calculate anything at all.

If the sun is at 6°15' Taurus, and the Moon at 6° 01' of Taurus - I see that as 14' between them, which makes the Moon cazimi.

Oh God! And there I was getting the calculator out and scratching my head....LOL

Thanks Fudugazi!

Maggie :)