Confused Reading!!!!

Ponyfann

I recently did a reading, a three card reading that left me with a lot of confusion. The situation calls for many possibilities. I haven't done a reading since over 4 weeks ago. I've been working on my intuition and pendulum skills. I figured why not ask the cards for back up! The question was "what is the likely outcome if (X) waits for (Y)?

I pulled 3 cards: Reversed Ace of Cups; Upright Ten of Wands, Upright King of Swords

I know I'm supposed to give my own interpretation but I have been researching for two days straight to help give me better insight. I am so indecisive with this reading. I think the king of swords is REALLY throwing me off. I also feel I didn't ask a very clear question.

Maybe if someone can help me word the question better...

prudence

Moderator Note

Hi Ponyfann,

I understand you're confused by the reading, but no one can help you until you've interpreted each card you've listed. A brief description for each is fine and your best guess (or even a wild guess) is also fine. If you need to sit on it for a few days, that's fine too. :)

Others, please wait until the interpetations have been given.

Thank you :)

Ponyfann

I think I MAY have it! Though I personally still feel the question needs rewording.

Reversed ace of cups: Not enough emotional expression which put a lot of stress and doubt. Which was the demise of things.

Ten of Wands: Shows taking on a lot but since it's upright it's showing accomplishment for all the hard work and self growth.

King of swords: I think it's a combo of what he represents and the individual in question (Y). Being emotionally protective as well as living in an environment of extreme structure where emotions are controlled and logic takes precedence. I also feel this card represents (Y) showing fear of emotions being hurt and thus protecting their feelings. (X) needs to be emotionally mature and very open to soften this kings stoic structure.

Come to think of it, this reading ties in almost perfectly with another reading I did over a month ago pertaining to this situation with a different question. I received the same card of Ten of Wands. I don't feel this reading is negative but rather insightful. Kinda wished I did this reading first! Totally clarifies the first reading! If (X) is persistent and kind, as well as patient (Y) will come around. (X) needs to be emotionally open and really dive into their feminine nature, focus positively and be very understanding. I feel this situation can really right itself then!

IndigoWaves

I would see this Ace of Cups as "X's" hope of an emotional union/reconciliation, which unfortunately won't be supported by "Y", hence the reversal... So, the heavy burden of unrequited passion being carried by X (10 of Wands) will not be relieved by Y -- an Airy and detached King of Swords in this case, with no desire to drown in feelings or burn in overwhelming fires.

Chances are, however, that X will keep on waiting, anyway... Folks experiencing the 10W are often so engulfed by its energy that simply letting go seems inconceivable. Like the RWS figure whose head is buried among the Wands, a way to lessen the burden may not be sought at all; bringing home all ten (symbolizing the person's desires or ultimate goal, whatever it is) was probably deemed the only "acceptable" option, no matter how unlikely success will be.

Ponyfann

I would see this Ace of Cups as "X's" hope of reconciliation, which won't be supported by "Y" (hence the reversal)... So the heavy burden of unrequited passion being carried by X (10 of Wands) will not be relieved by Y: an Airy and detached King of Swords, in this case, with no desire to drown in feelings or burn in overwhelming fires.

Chances are, however, that X will keep on waiting, anyway... Folks experiencing the 10W are often so engulfed by its energy that simply letting go seems inconceivable. Like the RWS figure whose head is buried among them, a way to lessen the burden of those Wands may not be sought at all; bringing home all ten Wands (symbolizing the person's desire/ultimate goal, whatever it is) has been deemed the only acceptable "option".

Oooo! That's very good, I didn't even think of that whole side of it. There's so many meanings that it can definitely get confusing.