Connecting to cards you didn't pull?

JustJazzie

Perhaps this is strange, but whenever I am on here, or in my Facebook tarot group I never seem to be able to connect to others readings.

I get great feedback when I pull the cards and read them- even to people online. But anytime I see a reading from card that someone else drew, I get crickets!

I jump from one thread to the next, because I would like to be able to offer thoughts, and theres just...nothing.

Can anyone relate?
Any advice to offer?

Thank you!

CrystalSeas

Do you actually lay your own cards out and look at the spread?

Or are you just trying to make connections with words typed on a screen

nisaba

Perhaps this is strange, but whenever I am on here, or in my Facebook tarot group I never seem to be able to connect to others readings.

I get great feedback when I pull the cards and read them- even to people online. But anytime I see a reading from card that someone else drew, I get crickets!

So ... are you attempting to interpret cards that someone else drew for you, or are you attempting to interpret cards that someone else drew for them?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, here.

Afterthought: If they pulled cards for someone else, why would you expect to connect to the reading, if you are neither the reader nor the client?

JustJazzie

Do you actually lay your own cards out and look at the spread?

Or are you just trying to make connections with words typed on a screen

Sometimes its words, sometimes its their photo of the spread they picked. I guess I haven't really tried laying out their draws with my own decks. Thats a great idea! Thanks.

So ... are you attempting to interpret cards that someone else drew for you, or are you attempting to interpret cards that someone else drew for them?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking, here.

Afterthought: If they pulled cards for someone else, why would you expect to connect to the reading, if you are neither the reader nor the client?
Sorry if my original post wasn't clear. I am just talking about when I read threads on this forum, or threads in another forum where people are seeking clarification on their own questions and cards. That is what I am having issue connecting with.

AnemoneRosie

The good news is that it isn't mandatory!
You could draw your own spreads and invite others to do this with you. Because you'd be using your own cards you'd have more of a connection?
I don't find it something that comes inherently to me, either.

Tanga

Draw your own cards out and look at them - to make it more "real" for you.

I have variations of responses to other peoples readings.
Sometimes I think - yes! I know the answer - and can give a suggestion.
To others I look and think HUH? I don't get it. Big blank...
And then there's the - YAWN - I'm just not interested in that question today...next please?
response.

You have to "get into the shoes" of the reader or sitter...

:)

Barleywine

And then there's the - YAWN - I'm just not interested in that question today...next please?
response.

Pretty much how I see it. If I'm commenting on someone else's spread, I always lay the cards out here at home so I get a feel for the flow of the reading. But first I have to be interested enough in the question or the combination of cards to even bother. I usually stay well away from "psychological profiling" stuff ("What does X think/feel about me?") and focus on situational awareness and development instead. As I see it, the cards pulled are the result of a communion between the person shuffling and cutting and the deck itself, so all that remains is to look at them objectively for interpretation. I don't even need to know the question to do that.

nisaba

I am just talking about when I read threads on this forum, or threads in another forum where people are seeking clarification on their own questions and cards. That is what I am having issue connecting with.

<smile> I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes I have ideas, sometimes I don't. When I do, it's because I think to myself: how would I view that card if I pulled it in that context? I don't actually connect with the other reader and the card they pulled at all.

JustJazzie

The good news is that it isn't mandatory!
You could draw your own spreads and invite others to do this with you. Because you'd be using your own cards you'd have more of a connection?
I don't find it something that comes inherently to me, either.
LOL! Im glad it isn't mandatory. I still feel like it could be a good learning exercise though! Its nice to hear its not so easy for everyone!

response.

Thanks! I definitely can relate too your experience when browsing threads. Only- I haven't really found on I feel drawn too at all yet! Maybe I am opening the wrong ones.

Pretty much how I see it. If I'm commenting on someone else's spread, I always lay the cards out here at home so I get a feel for the flow of the reading. But first I have to be interested enough in the question or the combination of cards to even bother. I usually stay well away from "psychological profiling" stuff ("What does X think/feel about me?") and focus on situational awareness and development instead. As I see it, the cards pulled are the result of a communion between the person shuffling and cutting and the deck itself, so all that remains is to look at them objectively for interpretation. I don't even need to know the question to do that.
I will definitely give this a try next time! I understand staying away from those types of readings. Ive never been big on trying to read others thoughts through the cards. With the exception of a specific relationship spread that evaluates both parties role in the situation.

<smile> I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes I have ideas, sometimes I don't. When I do, it's because I think to myself: how would I view that card if I pulled it in that context? I don't actually connect with the other reader and the card they pulled at all.
HMM! Putting myself in their shoes seems to be a theme. I will have to give it a go!

SunChariot

I jump from one thread to the next, because I would like to be able to offer thoughts, and theres just...nothing.

Can anyone relate?
Any advice to offer?

Thank you!

I believe that is your intuition trying to tell you something. If it feels wrong, trust what it going on inside you and don't go there.

I personally do not believe that any other reader but the one who did the original reading can know what the cards are trying to say. Because the cards talk to each of us differently. In a different language, as it were. It's like the original reader speaks French with your cards and you speak English with yours. There may be some words that are similar, but they don't MEAN the same. You can't apply your meanings to another person's readings as they don't apply.

That is my opinion. I can look at reading others have done. But I have to accept the reader's meanings of it for what they are, but not to try to analyse which card said what. It's just accepting the answer without trying to analyse it.

That's what makes it hard, imo, to offer help to other readers about their readings. We can talk about what the 5 of Cups means to us, for example and learn from each other's meanings. But once the readings had been done we can't know within it what the 5 of Cups was trying to say to the reader. Only they can know. Add to that that we are free to invent our own methods and meanings. I know I have, so no one could even guess what my cards were saying to me in the areas where I have done so.

Those are my beliefs, for what it's worth,

Babs