Criticizing the Critics

caridwen

Please, Please, Please People! Take a moment to think before you send that post. Is it really important to criticize things down to the tiniest pixel?

I have seen posts that address the tiniest detail of a deck that really 'annoys' them. I'm sure in the RWS forum I saw a post on a date printed on the back of the cards that really got to someone so much so that they hated that edition.:rolleyes:

I also avoid the herd mentality or the threads with puffs of dust around them from people frothing over a new deck.:D

However and more seriously, I think it's cute. People are so into their decks that they examine them minutely and come up with the tiniest details. Decks are examined and discussed ad infinitium which to me displays a sense of passion. This is a hobby for some, a way of earning a living for others, a scholarly pursuit for yet others and all have a place here.

Also it's important for those wishing to purchase a deck to know certain details such as how it shuffles or quality of cardstock.

Zephyros

I think criticism, even of the scathing variety, has its place. AT is a shop forum, many people here are experts in their fields, have seen sometimes thousands of decks. Even people who don't own that many still deal in the topics extensively, making their opinion almost professionally informed, the opinions of connoisseurs.