Crop Circle Cards

Woof

I took a drive to a local new age type shop and talked tarot cards with the proprieter. She was all aglow about Crop Circle Cards. You can take a look at them here: http://www.learntarot.com/cjdesc.htm
They didn't move me, maybe I like color and something a little more visually appealing. Has anyone had any experience with them?

TIA

Woof

Kyrielle

They didn't do much for me either, from the pictures on the link. I'll pass on this one, although a couple of the designs were kind of pretty. Someone really into the movie "Signs" would appreciate them, I suppose. But then I'm not really interested in extraterrestrial subjects. I need color, too, and something less...geometric? fractal?

-- Kyrielle

Emily

Interesting cards but they reminded me of 'ink blot cards' lol - the Spiral one looked like a centipede and one of the others looked like a keyhole. Maybe I too just need to have a little more colour in my cards :)

zorya

i think i would like these very much as meditation cards. fractals and geometric shapes fascinate me, like the fractal looking spiral card. i like that they are black and white. it gets about as basic and to the core of what may well be universal symbolism as you can get.

my first thought is that to add color might distract me, and take away from the symbol, but then i remembered how attracted i am to the fractal firebird tarot deck, and that certainly looks colorful!

jlbvt

Interesting, but why 62 cards, and not 78? That could have appealed to a broader audience. I would take Blum's rune cards over these any day. I think I might have liked them more if they were photographic instead of the sparse line drawings.

Astraea

Stark Patterns

The only thing I can figure is that the Crop Circle cards actually were intended to serve as a sort of "inkblot oracle" in which the shapes, alone, are supposed to suggest meaning. This deck is disappointing to me, since actual crop circles (in living color) are beautiful, intriguing and lend themselves to many levels of interpretation.

jlbvt

Re: Stark Patterns

Astraea said:
This deck is disappointing to me, since actual crop circles (in living color) are beautiful
Exactly what I thought, Astraea! Real photos would have been great, and the subject lends itself perfectly to that venue! What a missed opportunity! JLB