crystal ball as a gift

celticnoodle

my mother has hinted to me for years that she wishes she had a crystal ball. she once did read a crystal ball, and was good at it, but she did not own the ball. i had suggested she try reading with a mirror, or bowl of water, but she doesn't want that. so....i happened to come across a small lab created crystal ball, only 6 & half inches in diameter in the mall. held on a fairy pedestal, i was immediately drawn to it, and immediately thought of my mom.

most of my family members will be shocked, including my husband, as they are 'embarrassed' with the abilities we have in the family, and try to hide them from the neighbors, but what else can you get an 80yr. old lady who really wants this? anyhow, after i purchased it, now I'm kind of having 2nd thoughts---a 6 & half inch ball is pretty small---should I have purchased a larger one? This one seemed to be calling to me in the kiask, and I immediately thought of mom, so I'm wondering if it is meant to be, or should I keep it and buy a larger one. Any opinions? Are smaller balls this size okay to read with, or is it too small?

stella01904

6.5 inches must be the circumference if you say it is small - you threw me off for a minute, I usually think in terms of the measurement across a crystal ball.

Ideally, you want about 3-4 inches across. Anything larger is very pricey and speaking for myself I find it hard to block refections on the larger spheres. Smaller spheres can be used but they are difficult for many people and may prove to be a strain for an 80 yr. old pair of eyes. Still, if you say she was good at it, she may do well with the smaller sphere.

I would just ask her what size she prefers.

celticnoodle

yes, stella, i meant the circumference. i mistakenly typed diameter, as that is how most balls are measured, and i had that in my head. anyway, this ball that i purchased is small---a bit larger than a golf ball i guess. one reason i did like it immediately is that because of it's size, it's not heavy to hold. also, it is small enough for mom to 'hide' it away easily, when she wants to.

I may still just give this one, because of the lightness and size, and since she did have good results with reading before. I'm not sure how much time she'll spend with it anyhow. If she decides it's too hard on her eyes---I can give her another one later. thank you for your help.

stella01904

Not a problem! :)

thinbuddha

Give it to her. If you want a largetr one, you will be surprised at how inexpensive the lab grown crystal balls are on ebay. Seems like you can get bigger balls for about $35 including shipping. check this search:

http://search.ebay.com/crystal-ball_W0QQfromZR40QQfrtsZ50

Buyer beware- the same balls will be different prices from different sellers. And maybe this one is cheap for a reason (could be glass?).

stella01904

Glass is okay. There is a thread here someplace with people expressing doubt about "fused quartz" - one of my own spheres was touted as being made of melted quartz and it just looks and feels like glass to me. But it works fine.

Tarotphelia

celticnoodle said:
it is small enough for mom to 'hide' it away easily, when she wants to.

Just get it a butterfly stand, stick some flowers around it and call it the "fairy ball" when people come over . (Ain't it purty ? )

My gosh- what took you so long ? If I had a mom who said she could read crystal balls, I'd have bought her one within half an hour.

Anyway, congratulations on doing it ! You can always buy her a larger one later if you want . Who says we can't have as many crystal balls as we want ? They're very decorative , and the neighbors should just get over it and mind their own business. I can tell from here they're no fun at all ! :party:

celticnoodle

quote: originally posted by darkinquisitor My gosh- what took you so long ? If I had a mom who said she could read crystal balls, I'd have bought her one within half an hour.

yeah, my mom is 'multi-talented'. she can ready tarot cards, and did so for years. she's psychic, (which wasn't always great growing up w/a psychic mother!), can read tea-leaves, but prefers not to, and has read the crystal ball. she can also hold things belonging to people and tell all about them, and knows how to get people who are far away to get in touch with her within a few hours, if she is itching to talk to them--but they may not be at home where she can connect to them, (really, she can do this & it works!)

anyway, i've decided to go ahead w/the original plan and give her this smaller ball. i felt the initial pull towards it, and when i was drawn to it, my mother immediately came to my mind. so, i'm thinking the ball was calling for her and is meant to be hers.

memries

I think she will just love it ! You can offer a large one as well if she would like one. I agree with you that it will be easier for her to hold and the remark about reflections was a good point. What a blessed Mother to have you !

celticnoodle

crystal ball gift

well, saw my mother yesterday and she did love the crystal ball! she has not been able to see anything in it yet, but the holidays is always so hectic, I would not be surprised if it's just been too much going on for her to really settle down into it.

I think she was concerned with the size of the ball, being so small, so I've already decided that if she does try gazing with this small one, and has no luck, I'll buy her a larger one later---maybe for Valentines Day or Mother's Day.

At any rate---it was a hit, and I'm glad I decided to go ahead and give it to her. she's difficult to buy for as she is EXTREMELY picky! Now, I just hope she can get back into gazing, since she has not done any for many many decades.