Crystal Books

Phantom Goddess

I'm new to the study of Cyrstals and I'm not sure which book to start out with. Which are the best ones on the market? I don't want to get any horrible ones. Any help would be great. :)

Jewel-ry

I have several books but find - Cunningham's Encyclopedia of Crystal, Gem, and Metal Magic to be the most useful.

~

rabble

I like Crystal Power, Crystal Healing. the complete handbook.
by Michael Geinger.

Bluemanticore

Phantom Goddess, the Scott Cunningham book Jewel-ry mentioned is a must have, IMO. It is the foundation of all my crystal work.

Ruby7

rabble said:
I like Crystal Power, Crystal Healing. the complete handbook.
by Michael Geinger.

This is my favourite book and I would highly recommend it.

Ruby7

lunakasha

I agree with the recommendations for Cunningham's book.....

Others that I have, which include LOTS of photos for identifying crystals, include Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Peschek-Bohmer and Schreiber, and The Illustrated Guide to Crystals by Judy Hall. The Melody books, Love is in the Earth, are also highly recommended.

:) Luna

Majecot

I have Cunninghams also which I find very informative. I also had The Illustrated Guide to Crystals by Judy Hall.. which I also love, and it is a full color book!

Thindelock

Just to add a vote to the stack, Cunningham's is good stuff and reasonably priced to boot.
I like Cunningham's encyclopedic books (incense, oils, and brews, the aforementioned crystal book, etc) a good deal more than his more subjective works on witchcraft and magic(k) in general, though both types are at least worth a read if you're interested in the subject matter.

TygrEyes

lunakasha said:
Others that I have, which include LOTS of photos for identifying crystals, include Healing Crystals and Gemstones by Peschek-Bohmer and Schreiber

:) Luna

I found this book at Barnes & Noble (the store) for $10. I checked their website & they don't have it online, but check the discount new age table. :eek:)

Phantom Goddess

thanks for the tips :) I'll surely look into these books. I have a lot of Cunningham, and his Crystal book is a definite must have. :)