Crystal recommendations to help when around negative people

autumn star

Hi,

Does anyone have any crystal recommendations to help if you have to be around negative people?

I work with someone who has quite a negative attitude - and who is also quite obnoxious towards me at times, not sure if she means to be or not

Any suggestions are helpful

:heart:

ncharge

Yes. For you personally, I would go with Hawk's eye or labradorite and for the environment in general I would use obsidian. Labradorite is one of my favorite stones and the obsidian sheens are gorgeous!

lark

Topaz, and Carnelian to dispel negativity in others.
And for negative energy in general.
Amber, Amethyst, Lapis Lazuli, Snowflake Obsidian, Smokey Quartz
If you can get a nice big chunk of any of these and keep in in your work space...that would help.
And you might want to actually gift her a piece of carnelian...it would do her the world of good.
And carnelian is inexpensive and easy to find.

autumn star

Thanks ncharge - Labrodite is one of my favourite stones, it is a very attractive crystal ... I love it's dark blue.

lark - I have a Topaz ring that I wear - perhaps I might be needing a bit more. I will try to find some big hunks of those crystals you recommened - thankyou :)

Le Fanu

Obsidian is perfect for negative people. I had a gorgeous block of Obsidian on my desk and only yesterday ntoiced it was missing...:( No idea how long that has been so.

celticnoodle

obsidian was the first thing to come to mind for me too. I love obsidian myself.

black onyx is another stone that will absorb negativity away from you.

also clear quartz - so i've heard.

and, all these stones are strengthened when also kept with an amethyst, so i've been told too. :)

good luck!

autumn star

thankyou for your suggestions Le Fanu & CelticNoodle, I will have to go Crystal Shopping some time soon :)

lark

If you feel your Topaz ring needs some recharging and cleansing..set it out in the light for a few hours on a day when the Sun and Moon are both visable during the day.

lark

Le Fanu said:
Obsidian is perfect for negative people. I had a gorgeous block of Obsidian on my desk and only yesterday ntoiced it was missing...:( No idea how long that has been so.
That is just terrible..not to mention very bad juju for the person who stole it...:(

Libra8ca

celticnoodle said:
also clear quartz - so i've heard.

From experience (unfortunately) I can say that if you are very ill your body becomes very sensitive to "subtle energies". At time time I noticed that I became very depressed just before the new moon (I knew when the new moon came just by the way I felt!).
I also noticed that if I wore a clear quartz crystal when feeling very depressed and ill that it seemed to magnify this effect. Presumably if you're feeling happy then it would magnify that too.
At that time I also experimented with "Purple Plates" (www.purpleplates.com) and much to my dismay every time I wore one of these my heart rate would go up noticeably and I had to remove it!! Since recovering from this illness (though not completely) all of these effects seem to have disappeared. The only conclusion I can draw from this is that if your physical energy is very low (i.e. due to illness) then these subtle energies can have a noticeable effect but if you are very healthy then you're body will counteract these energies and you won't notice them which doesn't mean though that they are not there and have no effect.