crystal study Group; obsidian

frac_ture

Please do let me know if they have any of these in stock -- not only have I been more interested in Obsidian of late, but in the last year or so, I've also been increasingly more drawn to arrows and to archer-Deities. I never experienced this before, but there you go. A combination of the two things sounds fantastic! The size/price ratio you describe sounds utterly reasonable, too!

Padma

Please do let me know if they have any of these in stock -- not only have I been more interested in Obsidian of late, but in the last year or so, I've also been increasingly more drawn to arrows and to archer-Deities. I never experienced this before, but there you go. A combination of the two things sounds fantastic! The size/price ratio you describe sounds utterly reasonable, too!

ha! A great example of how desire meets fulfillment - we ask, and the Universe fulfills, by seemingly random coincidence - :) I sure hope they have the arrows in stock! We are currently undergoing a massive snowstorm, but hopefully the roads will be clear enough to drive on Sunday....(I am in a very rural area).

frac_ture

ha! A great example of how desire meets fulfillment - we ask, and the Universe fulfills, by seemingly random coincidence - :) I sure hope they have the arrows in stock! We are currently undergoing a massive snowstorm, but hopefully the roads will be clear enough to drive on Sunday....(I am in a very rural area).

The universe does fulfill, you're right!

Good luck with the ill weather -- and please don't go out into the cold and ice and snow on my account! Safety first, last, and always! :)

Padma

no worries, mate ;) she'll be all good. I posted a pic of my Canadian nightmare scene from this morning - and to think the first day of spring was yesterday! :bugeyed:

You are right, safety is paramount. Don't worry! Car is not going anywhere for a few days! :laugh:

Attachments

• spring storm.jpg
    spring storm.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 207

frac_ture

I'm aghast at that photo! That's the reason I left the northeastern US for California more than 20 years ago, and never went back (I mean, aside from visiting the family every so often). I don't do well in extreme heat or cold, and what you're going through right now is hellish for me. Best of luck with it, and hopefully some of our crystals pals will join me in beaming you some warmth and some better weather!

Padma

lol! Yes, it's scary...but back on track here - as soon as roads are clear, I shall venture out on the Quest for Obsidian :) meanwhile thinking of you in your sunny paradise! :laugh:

shelikes2read

no worries, mate ;) she'll be all good. I posted a pic of my Canadian nightmare scene from this morning - and to think the first day of spring was yesterday! :bugeyed:

You are right, safety is paramount. Don't worry! Car is not going anywhere for a few days! :laugh:

Holy cow. And this is SPRING. I'd hate to see what the snow would've looked like during the worst part of winter!

I should've taken a picture of the accumulation of SLEET on my car on Saturday. It pales in comparison to a storm of that magnitude, of course, but I've never seen an accumulation of sleet before. Bizarre. Mother Nature's been in an interesting mood this week, it seems.

On Obsidian: I have an Apache Tear tumblestone pendant that I got when I was in college. The b/f I had at the time complimented my black pendant. I told him it was brown. We had multiple debates on this issue until it occurred to me he didn't know the stone was translucent. I took the necklace off, handed it to him, and told him to hold it up to the light. He did, and exclaimed, "OH!"

"And THAT is why I keep insisting the stone is brown. It finally dawned on me that you hadn't seen the stone from the same perspective as I did."

Live and learn. And not just about stones. If I want people to see things my way, I have to give them the same information that I'm working with.

Padma

Holy cow. And this is SPRING. I'd hate to see what the snow would've looked like during the worst part of winter!

I should've taken a picture of the accumulation of SLEET on my car on Saturday. It pales in comparison to a storm of that magnitude, of course, but I've never seen an accumulation of sleet before. Bizarre. Mother Nature's been in an interesting mood this week, it seems.

On Obsidian: I have an Apache Tear tumblestone pendant that I got when I was in college. The b/f I had at the time complimented my black pendant. I told him it was brown. We had multiple debates on this issue until it occurred to me he didn't know the stone was translucent. I took the necklace off, handed it to him, and told him to hold it up to the light. He did, and exclaimed, "OH!"

"And THAT is why I keep insisting the stone is brown. It finally dawned on me that you hadn't seen the stone from the same perspective as I did."

Live and learn. And not just about stones. If I want people to see things my way, I have to give them the same information that I'm working with.

I love that last bit, Shelikes :) it's so true! Very valid point.

In regard to snow...*sigh* never mind, I just don't want to discuss it right now. :p It will be here till about mid-May/end May.

Interesting about the Obsidian, too! :D

sweetcherise13

Personal connection

I noticed there haven't been postings on this thread in quite some time but I was drawn to it and enjoyed and want to thank everyone for the information and personal experiences shared. I've always had a deep connection to obsidian and black stones in general. I've carried an obsidian arrowhead in my pocket more days than not for years. My experience has been that obsidian helps in my daily life outside of my home by offering a sense of grounding and protection. Recently I was drawn to a beautiful Raven and I'm curious if anyone else has had personal experiences with obsidian ravens?

Tanga

I noticed there haven't been postings on this thread in quite some time but I was drawn to it and enjoyed and want to thank everyone for the information and personal experiences shared. I've always had a deep connection to obsidian and black stones in general. I've carried an obsidian arrowhead in my pocket more days than not for years. My experience has been that obsidian helps in my daily life outside of my home by offering a sense of grounding and protection. Recently I was drawn to a beautiful Raven and I'm curious if anyone else has had personal experiences with obsidian ravens?

Nope.
But I once laid eyes on an obsidian Thunderbird statuette. MY! It was soooo gorgeous.
At the time I couldn't afford it. Sigh.

I like obsidian - and black stones in general too.
I have a whole Altar (a small one on the window-sill) full of black.
Presently - I found a small obsidian howling wolf that's now on there.
When I'm feeling really vulnerable - I carry a favourite obsidian stick in my pocket (about 2 inches long, unpolished). The power of it's mirror-like qualities - to reflect back all that is unwanted, to shield like an Atriedes force field ('Holtzman Shields' - from 'Dune' - fantasy novel by Frank Herbert. Atriedes was the name of the family into which the hero/messiah was born.) :) ... well - that's what I always think of.

I've have a couple of obsidian mirrors too - but I'm rubbish at scrying, so I just admire them.