Crystals for calming...

wumpkie

Hey guys, I'm aware that hematite is great for being calm in situations, but is there a stone that might possibly stop me from wanting to smack a work colleague, as there is only so much I can take. :mad: Don't get me wrong I'm not a violent person, but arggggggggh the person does my head in, I'm sure the colleague dosn't always intend to get up my nose, but they are doing a darn good job at it.

So any extra crystal support or even herbal would be gratefully recieved. (For me rather than the colleague:D)

Rant over :smoker:

Wumpkie

lark

wumpkie if it's not too personal I was wondering what it is about this person that get's on your nerves...that might help narrow down the best crystal for the job...
For instance do they make you nervous, angry, argumentative, do they feel like they are draining your energy....all these have different crystals that would work better than otherrs.

wumpkie

*Lies on the couch*
They make me angry so much that it upsets me. But the thing that really gets me is when the person tells me not to panic, I don't panic, the way I act is not me panicking it's just the way I am. I had a similar experience which a teacher once when they told my mum I panicked alot in class and it was never the case, it's just that we didn't see eye to eye, yet when I moved into a new class with a new teacher and my mother mentioned that I supposedly panicked the new teacher said "No I never have seen or thought it from her."
I just don't like the how person treats myself or others, it's almost like they don't know how to communicate and that everyone is beneath them.
What's worse is I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I feel a lil' better for letting the steam out...

lark

Good that helps narrow it down...

First I would get a nice piece of MOONSTONE and put it in the main sitting area of your home....this will help ease the tension of the day and mark a nice transition from your world at work to your world at home.

There are a few stones that you can take with you and keep at work or keep on your person that will be of value to you in this situation.

If you sit at a desk a very affective tool to keep people around you from bugging you is to get a ROSE QUARTZ wand and an AMETHYST wand make sure they have at least one end with a point on them.
Turn the point of the rose quartz toward the person who irritates you...this will not harm them but act as a barrier...and turn the Amethyst point toward yourself....this soothes anger and impatience.

PURPLE FLORITE will absorb panic vibes..... so if this person thinks you are panicing, but you're not this might help equalize the opposing energies you are both feeling.

LEPIDOLITE one of my favorite stones to wear to give you a calm still center.

ANGELITE, now this I would definitly get a nice big chunk of it's an antidote for abrasive people....encourages them to be sensitive and kind ...

Two others that are worth mentioning are BLACK OBSIDIAN it dampens inner anger and frustration at others' incompetence or subborness.

And DANBURITE this one is a little hard to find but it is good for upping your tollerence levels if you work with difficult people.

So I hope this helps and that you might have a few of these stones right now so you can get a little relief from the situation....a glass of wine helps too. :D

blackstormhawk

I have always found Labradorite to be very calming.

wumpkie

lark said:
Good that helps narrow it down...

First I would get a nice piece of MOONSTONE and put it in the main sitting area of your home....this will help ease the tension of the day and mark a nice transition from your world at work to your world at home.

There are a few stones that you can take with you and keep at work or keep on your person that will be of value to you in this situation.

If you sit at a desk a very affective tool to keep people around you from bugging you is to get a ROSE QUARTZ wand and an AMETHYST wand make sure they have at least one end with a point on them.
Turn the point of the rose quartz toward the person who irritates you...this will not harm them but act as a barrier...and turn the Amethyst point toward yourself....this soothes anger and impatience.

PURPLE FLORITE will absorb panic vibes..... so if this person thinks you are panicing, but you're not this might help equalize the opposing energies you are both feeling.

LEPIDOLITE one of my favorite stones to wear to give you a calm still center.

ANGELITE, now this I would definitly get a nice big chunk of it's an antidote for abrasive people....encourages them to be sensitive and kind ...

Two others that are worth mentioning are BLACK OBSIDIAN it dampens inner anger and frustration at others' incompetence or subborness.

And DANBURITE this one is a little hard to find but it is good for upping your tollerence levels if you work with difficult people.

So I hope this helps and that you might have a few of these stones right now so you can get a little relief from the situation....a glass of wine helps too. :D

Thank you guys for coming and helping me I am so grateful :)

I have moonstone so I will put that in my living space. I have black obsidian and angelite I also have amethyst and rose quartz but not in wand form but I shall take them with me anyway and 'program/tell/charge' what you said the wands would do and hope that it will work in the same way :)

Blackstormhawk I will take the labradorite with me too, I didn't think to bring it along :)

Thank you guys, BIG KISSES AND CYBER HUGS XXXXX

wizzle

I'm in agreement with anything that's been posted. Just my 2 cents that almost any good stone is even more calming if it comes in a shape you can rest in your hand and fondle. Hence I collect the easily available heart shapes which are around 40 mm. Great for stones to slip into a purse or pocket. They are available from many websites.

MysticalMoose

Loved all the suggestions posted & maybe you could wear a crystal maybe around your neck or in a pocket so that you can touch it if you feel the need.....I had a similar problem with a female colleague many years ago & the rose quartz point & amethyst seemed to be effective for me....I had to smile remembering becos I had such a hard time deciding which would be best after perusing my crystal books ..I was so undecided I considered taking all the ones I felt would help to work ~ but then figured I would be sitting behind a wall of stones (which wouldnt be so bad) but... also that there would be no room for my computer!! :D

KaiMoonshadow

I like all of the suggestions! :)

Labradorite is very protective and prevents negativity (particularly from other people) entering your aura, thus keeping you calm.

Haematite can be good for particularly stressful times as it calms and helps you to stand up for yourself, but it is not advisable to wear long-term as it affects your blood pressure and, as it is a very "Yang" stone, it can make certain people overly-agressive.

Hope that helps!

wumpkie

Thank you for the suggestion KaiMoonshadow I didn't know you shouldn't wear hematite for too long, I have been wearing a bracelet made from it but I havn't been wearing it long so will take it off for a break. I will also tell my other half who has been wearing his for about 2 years and that would explain why when he is normally so calm he but can have sudden bouts. I do too but that's because I'm a woman and I'm aloud :D

Thank you :)