Crystals,Oils & Candles to help readings

greatdane

I'm very new to tarot, but already have been into crystals, essential oil and candles for focus, mood, clearing. It seems logical that those things to help readings for the above reasons. Does anyone else use one or more of these to get into the mood for a reading? And what crystals, oils and candles do you like for what types of readings?

Thanks, would love to hear what others do.

GD

13WildMoons

When I'm doing any reading I have a muscovite crystal on one corner and apophyllite crystal on the opposite corner. These help to amplify the energies and keep my third eye open with clear vision.

In a small muslin bag I keep a cleansing blend of herbs: sage, myrrh, rosemary, clove, sandalwood, solomon's seal, orris root. I wave the bag over my cards and around the reading space after each client leaves. (The crystals and herb bag are re-charged on a pentacle that's next to fluorite for energy cleansing when not in use.)

greatdane

Thank you for that, Moons!

Very good to know. I'm interested in what helps people tune in, recharge, cleanse, etc. when doing a reading or even to get rid of heavy energies. I like sage or pinon for smudging or cleansing a room. Sandalwood seems nice, but only certain blends (some sandalwood sticks definitely don't smell as nice as others, so if anyone has a great sandalwood brand of incense, please let me know!).

Wild West Barbie

To the Key Mistress

I keep a small piece of Kyanite in my Tarot bag, along with some cinnamon sticks. Every now & then I cut some lavender branches & brush them over each card. Wild West Barbie

greatdane

Thanks for that, Barbie!

I mist my tarot bags (when decks are not in them) with a lavender spray I love, let draw, then put decks back. I also mist my reading velvet and organza cloth with lavender from time to time.

Love your ideas re the stone and cinnamon sticks!

GD The Key Mistress