Wormwood

caridwen

I saw wormwood (Artemisia absinthium) for sale and was just wondering if it has hallucinogenic properties. What is it used for? I really like the idea of getting some and using it for something (probably harking back to my mispent youth on Absinthe...:D ).

13WildMoons

In large doses you would experience the hallucinogenic aspects because it contains a brain stimulant called thujone. But if you took as much as you really needed for that effect you would also most likely enjoy the experience of vomiting and very nasty vertigo. So I wouldn't recommend it.

If you were interested in using it for anything else it helps with bruises and insect stings when used in a poultice. Metaphysically, I use if for spiritual development and car protection blends.

caridwen

13WildMoons said:
In large doses you would experience the hallucinogenic aspects because it contains a brain stimulant called thujone. But if you took as much as you really needed for that effect you would also most likely enjoy the experience of vomiting and very nasty vertigo. So I wouldn't recommend it.

If you were interested in using it for anything else it helps with bruises and insect stings when used in a poultice. Metaphysically, I use if for spiritual development and car protection blends.

wow:D Thank you! I suppose they take out the thujone and use that by itself to produce the halluciongenic effect. I'm often stung by insects - they usually make a bee line for me, excuse pun, so maybe I'll try it.:)