cutting ties

awinterrose

i have a tie that has been closely linked to a person to the point where we have the same feelings emotions and experiences at the same time no matter where the other person is. although we are closely linked i have stopped dealing with her and a number of other people because i realized how negative they were and how they were preventing me from reaching another level of vibration. I can still feel our energy mingling and i do not want to have ties with these people for 7 years. are there any suggestions on how to cut these ties

Leila_selda

Hi awinterrose,

There are a few things that you could try.

For instance meditation. When you meditate and focus on your bound. Imagine cutting the cordline that is connected trough your heart chakra with this person.When you try this a few times you will start to notice the connection fading away. Thats what i do when i want to break down a connection on a energetic level. Hope this helps.
i have a tie that has been closely linked to a person to the point where we have the same feelings emotions and experiences at the same time no matter where the other person is. although we are closely linked i have stopped dealing with her and a number of other people because i realized how negative they were and how they were preventing me from reaching another level of vibration. I can still feel our energy mingling and i do not want to have ties with these people for 7 years. are there any suggestions on how to cut these ties

Barleywine

Your post caused me to dig out my copy of Dion Fortune's Psychic Self Defence. In Part III of the section titled "Methods of Defence," she has the following to say:

"Psychic trouble not infrequently arises owing to the formation of an undesirable rapport."

She talks about meditation as one way to conquer it. But she also suggests "creative visualization" (although she doesn't use that term), by imagining the unwanted connection as a silver cord in the astral and formulating in your astral consciousness a two-handed sword that you proceed to cut the cord with. She then talks about a torch to burn it out at its roots, but you get the idea. I'm not doing her elegant exposition any justice, so you might want to check out the book yourself.

Tanga

Deary me.

Have you:

- Thrown out/given away any stuff you possess that's linked to them.
- Including trashing their photos etc.
- Done creative visualisations as suggested here already or otherwise?

To make the visualisation more "concrete", you could have some kind of physical representation of it...
You could draw yourself and this other person with the connection (draw it already weak and fading), and take yourself through a ritual in which you cut the connection with scissors and physically remove the other person out of your sphere of influence.
(This - is magick - psychomagick. ;) ).

You might want to also repeatedly practice visualizing your own aura as fortified and impenetrable - or reflective like a mirror, so that such connections just bounce off leaving you untouched.

G6

Deary me.

Have you:

- Thrown out/given away any stuff you possess that's linked to them.
- Including trashing their photos etc.
- Done creative visualisations as suggested here already or otherwise?

To make the visualisation more "concrete", you could have some kind of physical representation of it...
You could draw yourself and this other person with the connection (draw it already weak and fading), and take yourself through a ritual in which you cut the connection with scissors and physically remove the other person out of your sphere of influence.
(This - is magick - psychomagick. ;) ).

You might want to also repeatedly practice visualizing your own aura as fortified and impenetrable - or reflective like a mirror, so that such connections just bounce off leaving you untouched.

Tanga brings up a good point that part of cutting ties is the housekeeping aspect:

- Remove them from mobile device and social media

- Remove objects that were given or shared

- Stay away from usual haunts

- Cut shared contacts if the whole group is toxic

Essentially you need to create a new life for yourself that these folks are not a part of in any way.

G6

Full Moon Ritual - Release

Here's a bathing ritual for the full moon or anytime really since the full moon just passed for this month.

Fill bath water with epsom salts and any herbs or oils you feel drawn to use. You may also burn incense.

Call Archangel Michael and ask that he release you of all bonds that do not serve your highest, greatest good. Specifically ask that he release you from ______________________.

Meditate on this and visualize cutting all ties. You may even write their name on a piece of square white paper and burn it.

When you are ready to end your bath release the bath water and ask that with this bath water all negative connections are drained from your life.

Light a white candle and call Archangel Raphael to heal and protect you. Ask that he surround you with light, love and positivity, so that you only attract meaningful connections into your life that are loving and giving to you.

Hope this helps.