Ouija

csdude

I'm not sure if this is the right sub-forum for this one... if not, sorry, mods!

What do you guys think of Ouija boards? I found someone online that makes them by hand from wood... well, my house is on pretty interesting land (it used to be Cherokee land, and there's a slave graveyard nearby), and a huuuuuuge pine tree in my yard fell during a storm a few years ago that had to be at least 200 years old. I was thinking about sending her a piece of wood from that tree to have a board made, maybe in the hopes that it would have an inherit connection to my home and the surrounding land.

I've never used one and have my doubts on it, so at worst it would be a cool decorative conversation piece. But would it have any real spiritual value?

IndigoWaves

[...] so at worst it would be a cool decorative conversation piece.
That's not the "worst" that could happen, really... Even if you hesitate to do so, yourself, I'd bet that a friend/family member would eventually talk you into using it, or at least allowing them to -- once interest has been sufficiently drummed up by tales of the land's history, etc.... And some very unhappy, unruly energies might then enter your life. (People do sometimes sorely regret Ouija board use, as you've probably heard before.)

If you really just want to be creative with the fallen tree, then why not err on the side of caution and make something that isn't purposely divinatory -- like an artistic carving, or a clock, or even furniture?

csdude

And some very unhappy, unruly energies might then enter your life. (People do sometimes sorely regret Ouija board use, as you've probably heard before

Honestly, no, I haven't. I've seen plenty of movies, of course, but I've never actually spoken with anyone that said they've had an honest conversation using a Ouija board. The only time I've even seen one in practice was probably 30 years ago, when I was a kid, at a friend's house. We would ask stupid questions like, what color panties is so-and-so wearing, but we were all sure that one of the other kids was moving it.

(Side note, is there a difference between a "Ouija board" and a "spirit board"?)

I have a spirit that I believe has guided me and protected me for the last 15 years or so, and I believe he guides my Tarot cards. So, in theory, it would be cool to use this to expand our conversations. Why would it be more dangerous than Tarot?

Sharla

I think having one made from the tree is a great idea :thumbsup:

I am curious about them....but due to horror stories heard when younger and on films etc, i've never dared to actually use one myself.

But its true what you say, how can they be any different to Tarot cards or any other divinatory tool for that matter....or is it just ouija boards that are supposed to attract bad spirits, i wouldn't have thought so.

Infact ive got a large solid wood square coffee table in my front room, which at present has a chessboard painted on top that i made a while back.

Im tempted to change this to a ouija board now, that should keep unwanted visitors away }) :laugh:

G6

Honestly, no, I haven't. I've seen plenty of movies, of course, but I've never actually spoken with anyone that said they've had an honest conversation using a Ouija board. The only time I've even seen one in practice was probably 30 years ago, when I was a kid, at a friend's house. We would ask stupid questions like, what color panties is so-and-so wearing, but we were all sure that one of the other kids was moving it.

(Side note, is there a difference between a "Ouija board" and a "spirit board"?)

I have a spirit that I believe has guided me and protected me for the last 15 years or so, and I believe he guides my Tarot cards. So, in theory, it would be cool to use this to expand our conversations. Why would it be more dangerous than Tarot?

Ouija is a brand name owned by Hasbro. Spirit board is a general term if you want to include all makers. They are also known as talking boards.

Redfaery

I've heard horror stories, but nothing that couldn't be explained as either a tall tale or not *really* the spirit board's doing. If you're psychically sensitive, it's wise to use a bit of caution before messing around with divination and other methods of magic.

Tanga

...What do you guys think of Ouija boards? I found someone online that makes them by hand from wood... well, my house is on pretty interesting land (it used to be Cherokee land, and there's a slave graveyard nearby), and a huuuuuuge pine tree in my yard fell during a storm a few years ago that had to be at least 200 years old. I was thinking about sending her a piece of wood from that tree to have a board made, maybe in the hopes that it would have an inherit connection to my home and the surrounding land.

I've never used one and have my doubts on it, so at worst it would be a cool decorative conversation piece. But would it have any real spiritual value?

I think that's a wonderful idea. And can only imagine if your intent is to have greater connection with your spirit guide of 15 years - well that's what you'll get. :)
And imo anything can have real spiritual value - you just have to believe it does.
(I believe in belief).
On the subject of the use of Ouija - you could PM Disa with questions about their use.
She offers in the thread G6 has posted here.

Disa

I think that's a wonderful idea. And can only imagine if your intent is to have greater connection with your spirit guide of 15 years - well that's what you'll get. :)
And imo anything can have real spiritual value - you just have to believe it does.
(I believe in belief).
On the subject of the use of Ouija - you could PM Disa with questions about their use.
She offers in the thread G6 has posted here.

All of that ;)

I also think it's a wonderful idea and I would do this, too if I had such an tree on this type of land and this opportunity. Go for it. I don't think it is any different than Tarot or other divination. The intent of the user is key. As I've said before, people can get themselves all worked up and afraid. I think you get what you seek, so be careful what you wish for.

Mamabear13

I agree wit IndigoWaves. Considering the land you live on and near (Cherokee and near cemetery of slaves) I would think you would probably contact some very upset spirits if they are still here. Neither group of people had easy lives during their lifetimes.

I will never touch a spirit board again. Too many nights of items moving, noises, bad dreams, and dark shadows running across walls.

Maybe have a your spirit animal or small item you relate to?

Either decision you make, please research before you make your decision and let us know!