Daily card repeating

Oxford

Hi All Greetings
Would any one like to comment on the fact that i have drawn a daily card for the last week and it has always been Death. We have only just moved, three months now. So I guess it is showing that many things will change ??? Any extra thoughts.

Love and Light John

starrystarrynight

It has been said that if you keep drawing a particular card (especially a trump), it's because you haven't yet learned the lesson it is trying to deliver to you. So, Death may not be talking about your recent move and the changes that came with it...but about something entirely different from that. It could be a large event that is coming up that will require some major transition for you, as well.

Oxford

Repeating card

Hi Starrystarrynight
Thank you for your kind words, I will have to go over all the possibilities to see if I can spot something to be aware of. Or I could try asking the cards, of course?

Love and light John

Thirteen

Ask the Cards

Hi Starrystarrynight
Thank you for your kind words, I will have to go over all the possibilities to see if I can spot something to be aware of. Or I could try asking the cards, of course?
That's what I was going to recommend. When you get a repeating card, the deck is trying to flag you, get your attention. And it often needs a dramatic card like Death to do it. So ask the cards, "What are you trying to tell me?"

One way you can figure it out the topic that the deck wants to discuss is to divide the deck into four piles, one for each suit and their subject: "swords" = communication, anxieties, intellect, "cups" = relationships, emotions, family; "wands" = passions, philosophy and career and "pents" is for work, health and finances.

The pile with the Death card tells you the topic. Now put the Death card down, reshuffle the deck and ask it "What should I know about some kind of end coming to my current communications or intellectual pursuits?" And do a spread around it. Yes?

Oxford

Thank you thirteen, I will try that later, at the moment we have to go shopping and then have a walk along the sea front.

Love and Light John

Oxford

That's what I was going to recommend. When you get a repeating card, the deck is trying to flag you, get your attention. And it often needs a dramatic card like Death to do it. So ask the cards, "What are you trying to tell me?"

One way you can figure it out the topic that the deck wants to discuss is to divide the deck into four piles, one for each suit and their subject: "swords" = communication, anxieties, intellect, "cups" = relationships, emotions, family; "wands" = passions, philosophy and career and "pents" is for work, health and finances.

The pile with the Death card tells you the topic. Now put the Death card down, reshuffle the deck and ask it "What should I know about some kind of end coming to my current communications or intellectual pursuits?" And do a spread around it. Yes?

Hi Thirteen, Excuse my ignorance but how do you get the Death card in one of the piles if you first divide the pack into suites? The rest of it I can see.

John

tarotbear

Dear John ~

Along with the advice you have already received - which I completely agree with - the possibility exists that when you get a repeating card (which isn't so unusual, BTW) it is because you have misinterpreted (or shallowly interpreted) the card on it's first appearance, and it is 'flagging you' (previously mentioned by Thirteen) to say "No, John NOT 'A', but 'B'!" or "You are right, but your acknowledgement isn't going far enough or seeing the whole picture."

{Side note ~ I have an ENTIRE YEAR of the Death card about to dawn - so it doesn't only refer to my divorce!}

TB (also John)

Thirteen

divide into piles

Hi Thirteen, Excuse my ignorance but how do you get the Death card in one of the piles if you first divide the pack into suites? The rest of it I can see.
:| My bad, dude. I didn't explain it well. Do not divide the deck into suits. Shuffle well, and divide into four piles and assign each pile the characteristics/traits of one of the suits. Thus, one pile will be your "cups" or "emotion/relationship" pile and if you find the Death card in that pile, then you know that the Death card relates to that aspect of your life.

This is just a way to help you know, in general, what the deck wants to discuss. You could divide the deck into any number of piles and assign to them any topics you like--this way just reflects the tarot and keeps it down to four piles to cover all aspects of your life. :)

Oxford

:| My bad, dude. I didn't explain it well. Do not divide the deck into suits. Shuffle well, and divide into four piles and assign each pile the characteristics/traits of one of the suits. Thus, one pile will be your "cups" or "emotion/relationship" pile and if you find the Death card in that pile, then you know that the Death card relates to that aspect of your life.

This is just a way to help you know, in general, what the deck wants to discuss. You could divide the deck into any number of piles and assign to them any topics you like--this way just reflects the tarot and keeps it down to four piles to cover all aspects of your life. :)

Hi Thirteen
Thank you so much for the fuller explanation, it sounds quite interesting. I will try to let you know how it all turns out, and how I progressed it, but i will have to waite until tomorrow now.
John

Oxford

Hi Thirteen & Tarotbear & Starystarynight

hear goes. I divide the deck into four plies, starting with (from the left) Wands, Cups, Swords, Pentacles. And the Death card was in the Wands pile. So I then re shuffled and asked for three cards as past present future to do wit the wands suit and what had been flagged to me. So it was
Past Seven of petacles. Hard work and patience will be rewarded.
Present Page of Swords As messages coming in.
Future Ten of Wands Feeling overwhelmed.

I have been working hard to get things ok and correct with the move and everything else. And realised that I needed to have a much needed complete break, as I was feeling empty and exhausted. The Page of Swords is also interesting as we are trying hard to support our daughter who has a young son who is being very difficult at the moment.
So yes.

Thank you everyone who helped me.
Love and light John