Daily draws don't always apply on the day

Carla

I've started to systematically go back and view my daily draws, and I'm discovering something. Quite often, nothing happens on the day that I can relate back to the cards. But by a few days later, something has happened that fits with the cards. So, this explains why daily draws have baffled me for so long. I would do a draw in the morning, write something out, go back in the evening and think hmph. What happened today that fits that? Nothing! Well, I guess the tarot doesn't do 24-hour periods, but instead reads the rhythm of ebbs, flows and changes in the pattern of my life. Yes? This means that, for me at least, it is absolutely essential that I revisit my readings several times in the days and weeks afterward. See, I'm learning.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

EyeAmEye

I can honestly say I can't think of one time a daily draw every really made sense on the day of the draw or even shortly thereafter. Obviously, if you look back enough some draw will make sense to the present day.

Are you saying there is a definite pattern, perhaps a delay of 3 days or something on that order? If there isn't a pattern, any draw is likely to fit any other given day at random.

Carla

I haven't been tracking it long enough to see a definite pattern of delay, but if I see anything I will report it! I've only been doing this systematically for about two weeks.

Umbrae

do you draw in the morning and look forward, or at the end of the day and look backwards.

Myself, i find the latter more useable

nisaba

I find the whole concept of time is a bit of an illusion, designed for helping us poor, limited humans order our thinking.

Tarot is not as stupid as we are. It can step outside of time. It also tries to teach us how to do the same.

Libra8ca

I do daily one-card draws quite frequently and I have found that the card I pick usually corresponds quite well to the what happened on that day. Usually I will draw the card for the next day in the evening.
When doing this, one has to keep in mind that you don't usually have significant events happening on a daily basis so the messages are more subtle than when doing "Big Picture" readings; I have even noticed funny trends like drawing the "Star" card on pay-day Friday :D and Judgment reversed on Monday ;)

Grizabella

I've always seen the daily draw as a learning tool rather than a predictive tool. It's more a way of learning to associate the cards with daily life and the people in it and that it's more useful at the end of the day rather than the beginning, like Umbrae said. Even if you're finding associations several days later, it's serving its purpose as a learning tool after the fact. I don't think it was originally intended as a means of predicting a person's day.

MareSaturni

Umbrae said:
do you draw in the morning and look forward, or at the end of the day and look backwards.

Myself, i find the latter more useable

Umbrae, I'm curious about this method...

And interested. Specially because it's impossible for me to do readings during the morning, so a reading when the day is over would be much better...

But how do you do it? I mean, you ask the cards what did the day bring you... which lessons... something like that?

And how do you know that you are not stretching the cards' meanings to make them fit your daily experience?

I've been looking for new methods to do daily readings, because so far none have worked to help me to maintain a routine... :(

zan_chan

Marina, I do my daily draws in the evening too, and tend to ask the cards what the day gone by was meant to have taught me. I am a firm believer in the idea of every day bringing something new to teach us, but I think that these little lessons can get easily lost in the monotony of it all. A daily draw that reflects backwards is a good way of seeing the things you might have otherwise glazed past...

MareSaturni

zan_chan said:
Marina, I do my daily draws in the evening too, and tend to ask the cards what the day gone by was meant to have taught me. I am a firm believer in the idea of every day bringing something new to teach us, but I think that these little lessons can get easily lost in the monotony of it all. A daily draw that reflects backwards is a good way of seeing the things you might have otherwise glazed past...

Thanks Zan, for sharing your experience :)

I think I'll try this. To see what the day brought me, what it has taught me... hopefully this will help my boring days to make a little more sense ;)