Dame Fortune's Wheel Tarot

sapienza

Anyone interested in a study group for this deck? I've started a thread here.

kalliope

I recently received this deck in a trade (thanks Debra!), and think it's really striking. I'm slowly working my way through to learn Etteilla's meanings, and plan to try using this deck for nuts & bolts, practical, straightforward readings. In that vein, I'm trying to learn the reversed meanings, too, since they provide so many specifics.

I'll probably pop up on some of the study group threads here and there. I'm working slowly, though, since I'm splitting my time between the DFWT and learning traditional astrology.

As a side note, someone (maybe sapienza?) mentioned that the Medieval Scapini deck has minors inspired by Etteilla too, and that made me bring out my copy for the first time in a long while. I can definitely see this in the images. I always liked the Scapini deck, but found it hard to read with when I was learning the RWS. Now that I can see many similarities to the DFWT meanings, I think it might bring new life to the MS for me. In my head I now have three active tarot system categories: RWS, Thoth, and now Etteilla minor decks. (I haven't delved into Marseilles-style decks yet.)

So thanks for the tip!!

-kalliope

sapienza

Hi kalliope. Glad to hear you are enjoying Dame Fortune's Wheel. I must say we didn't get too far with the study group but there are at least some threads started. It's a great deck. I think it's nice to have a couple of decks that reflect Etteilla's system in the minors and the Medieval Scapini worked well for me when I used it this way. Actually beforehand I'd felt it was a complete mystery and so Etteilla's meanings finally allowed the deck to make sense for me.

Enjoy.