Darkana Tarot Deck on kickstarter

GryffinSong

Thanks, Byrdie. I'd wondered about that since he adds postage to the price. :)

Winterchild

It's HERE!!!!!

I wonder if its the only one to make it across the pacific to NZ.... wow.. I love it!!! So beautifully wrapped and with a signed Baddass card and a free sticker! The Badass card had me laughing out loud..... nice touch Dan!!

I absolutely love Dan's take on some of these cards, have only looked through quickly but Death is superb, and the Five of Pentacles is just genius!!! (It's a wheelchair....)

This has been sooooooo worth the wait!!

*LOVE*

shadowdancer

nope it made its way to me a while back :D :D Yep it is a great deck. One of the copies I took a black sharpie to, and edged the deck in black also.

Well worth the effort. Not sure it will be up there in the top 10 decks of 2012 but hope it gets a few votes

Davina

tarotbear

but since you mentioned overfunding - it would apply there too. In theory someone could raise $70k for a $2000 project and take the money and run ! It only seems to have happened once.... so far - some computer game or other.

It's the background plot to the movie 'The Producers' - raise more money than you need and produce a sure-fire flop ~ and keep the rest! })

Winterchild

nope it made its way to me a while back :D :D Yep it is a great deck. One of the copies I took a black sharpie to, and edged the deck in black also.

Well worth the effort. Not sure it will be up there in the top 10 decks of 2012 but hope it gets a few votes

Davina

Oooh post a pic please Davina :)

shadowdancer

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3330423&highlight=sharpie#post3330423

Should take you to the post I made (page 19 I think, of this thread).

I offered it as one of the decks to choose from on the readings exchange, and nobody chose it. Shame really, but it will be one of those decks that is only chose on an infrequent basis, but when it is - it will kick and some! Bit like how the Diary of a Broken Soul does. It is not intended for regular day to day type readings me thinks.

I have done a reading or two with it, and it does really hit the mark. Love the level of thought that went into it. I.e., the opening 8 notes of Sweet Child of Mine are shown on the 8 of coins. It makes soooo much sense to me.

Davina

Winterchild

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?p=3330423&highlight=sharpie#post3330423

Should take you to the post I made (page 19 I think, of this thread).

I offered it as one of the decks to choose from on the readings exchange, and nobody chose it. Shame really, but it will be one of those decks that is only chose on an infrequent basis, but when it is - it will kick and some! Bit like how the Diary of a Broken Soul does. It is not intended for regular day to day type readings me thinks.

I have done a reading or two with it, and it does really hit the mark. Love the level of thought that went into it. I.e., the opening 8 notes of Sweet Child of Mine are shown on the 8 of coins. It makes soooo much sense to me.

Davina

They look really good, and you are so neat with the pen... no shakes there!

Yes I love his approach with this deck. I would love to own Diary of a Broken Soul....

Manda

It might be safe to buy one directly from Dan, as I've read no complaints from people who waited until after the Kickstarter campaign to invest in a deck.

http://dandonche.co/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=55

Well I paid for mine back in summer, after the Kickstarter campaign, for the increased price plus shipping, which was fair, and it just arrived. I do believe there was just mass confusion and it DID come, which I said it would, eventually, and I would think getting one now would come very quickly, as all the back orders seem to be out.

I should not have got mine before any Kickstarter backers, but I wasn't too interested in paying more in shipping than I already had. One of my friends met up with him one day and got hers, and I toyed with the idea of trying the same since we live close-ish but I didn't want to be a stalker.

I am a little bit bitter about the situation, which is my own character flaw, so I am not going to use the deck right now, but I hope one day the drama surrounding its' production will be overshadowed by its' uniqueness. I do love the card stock, and I probably will love the deck, one day when I am not so grumpy about my herniated discs and this never ending cold, things 100% beyond the creators' control.

gregory

FINALLY.

If ONLY the updates had been ON KICKSTARTER like everyone else's I have ever backed there.

I like it.

Winterchild

I am a little bit bitter about the situation, which is my own character flaw, so I am not going to use the deck right now, but I hope one day the drama surrounding its' production will be overshadowed by its' uniqueness. I do love the card stock, and I probably will love the deck, one day when I am not so grumpy about my herniated discs and this never ending cold, things 100% beyond the creators' control.

I have no bitterness about this deck, even though I was an original backer, but I totally understand not being able to use a deck because of bad feeling. I have one of those, and I think it may have to be traded, as I just get this negative feeling every time I get it out. Shame as I do like the artwork!

I love the Darkana though..... and it was such a neat wee parcel!