David Bowie Dream

MysticHope

I had the most romantic dream. I went to a club and was just meandering around listening to the music and watching the stage, which happened to have actors dancing along to the music. The music, David Bowie. So, I continue to walk around, enjoying myself. Suddenly, I’m approached by a dark gentleman who, in a kind manner, asks if I would be interested in meeting his employer. He mentions that he has been watching me since I entered the club and is very interested in meeting me. Hesitantly, I agree.

As we approach a dimly lit circular booth, I notice a tall thinner than average frame sitting at the table with a hat, maybe a fedora? I sit and start to fiddle with my hands, too nervous to look at the man. I can tell he’s looking at me for a while to analyze me. Finally, he starts talking to me. Indistinct dream words flow from his mouth as the scoots closer to me and I’m entranced. I finally take notice to his face, it's David Bowie. I don’t know how to proceed in saying anything of substance to him. All I know is that I’m drawn to him intensely. More intensely than I’ve ever known be drawn to another human before. This draw compels me to physically move closer to him. He approves with a smirk and draws nearer still. He begins to whisper dream words into my ear which let me know he’s very interested in me. So, we talk for hours about things I’m not certain of. He starts stroking my cheek and staring into my eyes as we speak about the unknown. Love is like a dream in a lot of ways, you can’t recall exactly what happens but you do know that it’s a complete emersion of thoughts and feelings. At some point we end up discussing feet and shoes. in the dream, He has small feet for a man. I begin to explain that I have never been able to find nice enough shoes for my size 11 feet. At the end of the night we say our goodbyes and he mentions that he enjoyed my company thoroughly and looks forward to seeing me again.

The following day, I’m visiting family. We’re sitting talking, I haven’t mentioned anything about Bowie, but suddenly a woman comes into the room and she has shoes, says she is an exclusive seller and has come at the request of Bowie. Shocked and endeared by the gesture, I examine the different shoes, they all look too out of my style. Then I come across one pair that look good to me. I try them on. They’re heaven on my feet. I say that I’ll take them and begin to pull out my wallet. She waves me off and says “don’t worry about it. he took care of it”. I huff a little, but my spirits are lifted. A gift. “thank you, if you don’t mind, how much were the shoes?” The woman looks at me sideways and smirks “$18,000.” my eyes bulge out. “could you just pay my car off with that?” I laugh out loud but don’t expect an answer. it’s a dream after all. Anything can happen.

Later that day, he calls me and asks me to a formal social event. I agree. the dream fast forwards and we are walking around what looks to be a museum or art gallery. I’m on his arm and we’re walking in our finery. He stops and turns to me and tells me that he interested in seeing me more often. exclusively. I smile brightly at him and wake up.

why can’t I have more dreams like this?

At any rate - I usually cannot remember any of my dreams. ever. While this was a pretty awesome dream - to wake up and have this in the forefront of my mind is... odd. So, any insights or suggestions on the meaning behind this dream would be greatly appreciated and I will give detailed feedback. thank you.

violetdaisy

I had the most romantic dream. I went to a club and was just meandering around listening to the music and watching the stage, which happened to have actors dancing along to the music. The music, David Bowie. So, I continue to walk around, enjoying myself. Suddenly, I’m approached by a dark gentleman who, in a kind manner, asks if I would be interested in meeting his employer. He mentions that he has been watching me since I entered the club and is very interested in meeting me. Hesitantly, I agree.

As we approach a dimly lit circular booth, I notice a tall thinner than average frame sitting at the table with a hat, maybe a fedora? I sit and start to fiddle with my hands, too nervous to look at the man. I can tell he’s looking at me for a while to analyze me. Finally, he starts talking to me. Indistinct dream words flow from his mouth as the scoots closer to me and I’m entranced. I finally take notice to his face, it's David Bowie. I don’t know how to proceed in saying anything of substance to him. All I know is that I’m drawn to him intensely. More intensely than I’ve ever known be drawn to another human before. This draw compels me to physically move closer to him. He approves with a smirk and draws nearer still. He begins to whisper dream words into my ear which let me know he’s very interested in me. So, we talk for hours about things I’m not certain of. He starts stroking my cheek and staring into my eyes as we speak about the unknown. Love is like a dream in a lot of ways, you can’t recall exactly what happens but you do know that it’s a complete emersion of thoughts and feelings. At some point we end up discussing feet and shoes. in the dream, He has small feet for a man. I begin to explain that I have never been able to find nice enough shoes for my size 11 feet. At the end of the night we say our goodbyes and he mentions that he enjoyed my company thoroughly and looks forward to seeing me again.

The following day, I’m visiting family. We’re sitting talking, I haven’t mentioned anything about Bowie, but suddenly a woman comes into the room and she has shoes, says she is an exclusive seller and has come at the request of Bowie. Shocked and endeared by the gesture, I examine the different shoes, they all look too out of my style. Then I come across one pair that look good to me. I try them on. They’re heaven on my feet. I say that I’ll take them and begin to pull out my wallet. She waves me off and says “don’t worry about it. he took care of it”. I huff a little, but my spirits are lifted. A gift. “thank you, if you don’t mind, how much were the shoes?” The woman looks at me sideways and smirks “$18,000.” my eyes bulge out. “could you just pay my car off with that?” I laugh out loud but don’t expect an answer. it’s a dream after all. Anything can happen.

Later that day, he calls me and asks me to a formal social event. I agree. the dream fast forwards and we are walking around what looks to be a museum or art gallery. I’m on his arm and we’re walking in our finery. He stops and turns to me and tells me that he interested in seeing me more often. exclusively. I smile brightly at him and wake up.

why can’t I have more dreams like this?

At any rate - I usually cannot remember any of my dreams. ever. While this was a pretty awesome dream - to wake up and have this in the forefront of my mind is... odd. So, any insights or suggestions on the meaning behind this dream would be greatly appreciated and I will give detailed feedback. thank you.

The first thing I do when I try to make sense of a dream is ask questions. I have a common list of them depending on the dream, and variances. After I figure out the answers I typically have a good idea of what the dream meant to me. If I'm not close...I go to cards lol.

First things first though.
How did you feel directly after waking? What feeling lingered through the day after it?

You've done quite well with expressing how you felt within the dream so I think I'm good there.

But, what do you know of David Bowie? His life, qualities, faults etc? What in his character is it that draws you?

In the first part, after the indistinct dream murmurings he smirks and you are entranced/compelled. What are you wanting to let go of but can't so having someone else take control sounds enticing? Sometimes it's nice/arousing/wonderful/relieving to have someone take something from you that you can't let go of yourself.

The monetary value of the shoes is definitely something (to me) because he values having you feel beautiful about you, regardless of what it takes. Money is relative based on how much of it you actually have. Me spending $30 on a purse may feel the same to me as someone else spending $300 or $3000 on one. He can justify the expense because of what he has. He sees the value of having you feel beautiful, while you see the value of lessening your debt.

This is also reflected in his choice of activity with you. Both at the end of the dream and earlier in the dream. He wants to you experience something in such a way you are immersed in it. Valuing the do-ing instead of the have-ing.

Those are my initial thoughts. Hopefully they lead you somewhere.

MysticHope

The first thing I do when I try to make sense of a dream is ask questions. I have a common list of them depending on the dream, and variances. After I figure out the answers I typically have a good idea of what the dream meant to me. If I'm not close...I go to cards lol.

First things first though.
How did you feel directly after waking? What feeling lingered through the day after it?

You've done quite well with expressing how you felt within the dream so I think I'm good there.

But, what do you know of David Bowie? His life, qualities, faults etc? What in his character is it that draws you?

In the first part, after the indistinct dream murmurings he smirks and you are entranced/compelled. What are you wanting to let go of but can't so having someone else take control sounds enticing? Sometimes it's nice/arousing/wonderful/relieving to have someone take something from you that you can't let go of yourself.

The monetary value of the shoes is definitely something (to me) because he values having you feel beautiful about you, regardless of what it takes. Money is relative based on how much of it you actually have. Me spending $30 on a purse may feel the same to me as someone else spending $300 or $3000 on one. He can justify the expense because of what he has. He sees the value of having you feel beautiful, while you see the value of lessening your debt.

This is also reflected in his choice of activity with you. Both at the end of the dream and earlier in the dream. He wants to you experience something in such a way you are immersed in it. Valuing the do-ing instead of the have-ing.

Those are my initial thoughts. Hopefully they lead you somewhere.

****whoa****

This was respond that was much deeper than I anticipated. Thank you so much for this!

What as I feeling after waking? distraught because it wasn't real.

what do I know about him? I don't know anything about him to be honest, in real life or in my dream. I do know that he is famous, actor, singer. I'm an avid fan but don't know much about his personality outside from the eclectic. But that's what's enticing about him. I don't know why, but he's incredibly sexy in my dream and I can't help myself but what you speak of - wanting someone to involuntarily elicit a (positive) response from me and to treat me like he did in my dream- it definitely strikes a chord.

This has been so helpful. Thank you so much.

violetdaisy

Your welcome :). I figured during your waking hours the emotional state you'd be in wouldn't be a nice fluffy positive one because these kind of dreams, while they can point to useful information, often make (at least me) feel like my real life is "lacking" and that is ... disheartening. The thing is about dreams is that they can be so real during the dream that when you wake up your reality seems "less" than it was before.

But, your real life can only be "less" if you allow it to be. Yes, we have an opportunity in a dreamscape to do or be anything (I flew the other night to get away from zombies...that's a whole other story). But in real life we can manifest things. You will probably have to do something to grant yourself your own positive response. And that can have a much longer lasting effect than someone else doing it for you.

So the reason why I asked what you know about Bowie is my daughter does know just about everything about him that she can know so a dream like this to her would be a bit different than a dream like this to you or me. For you or I he "represents" something or someone. For her, he IS someone and he's gone. A dream like this would have affected her day much differently than mine (or likely yours).