day of death spread

abystander

i came up with a spread to figure out what year i was going to die
and i think it worked pretyy good.
pretty much all you do if think about how you want to know when your
going to die and use the death card as a marker in the deck
then suffle and lay all the cards out in the deck in a row
and whatever number the death card is at in the row is when you will die(or have a year of rebirth and change witch is what i got)
so ya
thats my spread

i figure you could use it to figure out the number of other things to

as far as if its day, month or year i guess it all depends on witch one your thinking about at the time

sirona86

hmmm interesting, but i have some doubt as to whether the tarot can accurately predict years or dates.

HudsonGray

I remember one reading that was done for the next 10 years of the future -- back in 1989. She was usually VERY good with her readings & went ahead on this one. I remember that she was pretty confident that part of California would break off into the ocean due to an earthquake in 1991, and that radiation would be prevelant through the upper part of the US thanks to Russia, causing multiple deaths by the year 1993.

I tell you, after that (and I wrote it all down by year so I could verify when it happened) I don't think tarot is accurate as a future predictor when it comes to certain things. A year of death would fall into that category (she'd done the years on 4 of us..none of them happened either).

But it's your choice. Don't rely on it though. I mean, if it says you've got 5 years and you start taking chances with your driving skills this month, you can still get killed way before those 5 years are up.

Kissa

i don't think Tarot can predict dates.

Kissa

wavebreaker

Apart from whether tarot can predict this or not, why would you want to know?

Nevada

Sorry, but ...

while I am convinced that Tarot can show us potentials for the future, I don't believe it can give us any better than approximate timing, and then only for the near future. There are so many elements that can change and are up to free will--our own actions and those of others--and even our old friend chaos, that I'm skeptical about the ability to predict year of death using Tarot.

I certainly wouldn't plan my future around such a prediction, or recommend that anyone else do so.

Nevada

Aerten

As Wavebreaker said, why would you want to know? I don't say this to pick arguments, just something to think about.

If you have absolute faith that the tarot can predict your year of death, think about what that would mean. What if it predicted you would die in five years? If you honestly believed that, think about what changes it would bring to your life... in a few years you'd start becoming paranoid and spend all of that year trying to avoid any possibility of catastrophe. Even in the near future you wouldn't do anything sensible for the long term, because if you believed you would die in five years, what would the point be? You'd start feeling guilty because you wouldn't have drawn up a will; if you had real belief in it you'd make yourself look rather funny if you started saying your goodbyes and wrapping up your life...

I think you might save yourself a lot of mental torment by leaving that issue alone :)

miss_apples

Is it even possible to predict this? In my beliefs...everything is constantly changing...including fate and destiny. Just by knowing this info...you are changing it!

Indigo Rose

In my opinion, we are only allowed to see certain things in Tarot. Free will and God's power make it impossible for us to "predict" with certainity the future. We may be given glimpses and shown the potential that exists, but will only see what GOD chooses to let us see. I think it is psychologically dangerous to try and predict death; especially one's own death. I believe LIFE and DEATH are GOD's domain, and we are treading on thin ice trying to peek into that area.

Indigo Rose