death and tower card

kerz23

What does it mean if the tower card follows the death card in a reading

Aerin

It rather depends on the question, the spread positions and the other cards in the spread...

but one way I have seen this come up is a transformation that is quite sudden and surprising which then strips everything back to basics, the pure core of the matter/ person. Like an extreme cleansing during/ alongside rebirth. It could also be a change which is resisted or not acknowledged, so then happens in a more extreme and unexpected way than it would have done otherwise.

But in which spread postions, and in answer to which question? And were there other cards? Because that might put a different complexion on things.

Aerin

kerz23

It was part of relationship reading, but i think it could be a career change as the person has a transtion in career

Aerin

Welll.....

If you are intuiting (! word??) that it is related to the career side, then it could be that the person has underestimated the scale of the change involved. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just a thing to be aware of. It could also be that they haven't factored in the consequences of that change on their relationship and may need to discuss it/ think it through or else this may come as a shock to both parties.

As an example....... my husband got a job after the person who first accepted it failed to tell their partner that it involved relocating several 100 miles, so ended up reversing their decision. As another...... there may be studying/ different hours/ different money/ status that may affect things. And even different people e.g. I know someone who had an affair after starting a new job: partner had refused invites to be involved in office social life so it was relatively 'easy' to slip into. Or an 'Educating Rita' scenario.

So I would be wondering about the consequences of the change in career and what bearing that might have on the relationship.

Aerin

Thirteen

kerz23 said:
What does it mean if the tower card follows the death card in a reading
Given the context, it could mean that the person is going to make a decision they feel is a "rebirth" renewal only to be disillusioned. The Tower often means not only a shake-up, but a falsehood revealed. Something that looked solid and real, but turned out to be mere set decoration. Not on good foundations.

If a person is planning on changing their career for the sake of a partner in hopes of renewing the partnership or starting up the partnership...they could be in for a rude awakening. They may be putting their faith into something that isn't as solid and real as they believe.

kerz23

After I did the reading the person called me to reveal that the job she was doing for 14 years will no longer exsist after sept. This could be the death card and tower card could be false hopes on new jobs?

blackstormhawk

I'd say it was related to losing the current job ... transformation forced upon her, floor jerked out from under her feet, everything crumbling around her.

If you want to know what new job opportunities are, and how she will do with them, I'd say you need a separate reading.