Death as Emotional Nature

siren85

hi there. I was wandering how you would view Death as Someone's Emotional Nature?

Would you tend to view this as someone who is very deep, intense... going through transition, transformation, cutting out what isn't necessary, regenerative, powerful/deep change. In astrological terms, I tend to think of someone who has Pluto strong in their chart, or Scorpio... I believe Death is related to Pluto? I know Judgement is as well.

gregory

Hi there - - PLEASE don't use black text on purple. Those of us using the standard forum skin can't read it properly - have to highlight it - and this is so unnecessary !!!

I see Death as the classic Scorpio card - which may be why I (a Scorpio) like it best of all the cards. Perhaps someone who is comfortable with change ? who welcomes it, even instigates it ?

Also - with perhaps a hint of possessiveness to them. Death takes you whole in the end......

Umbrae

Death in this instance can be about transformation and renewal - think on that as their emotional nature...cool stuff.

MareSaturni

Maybe someone who is constantly 'transforming', 'changing' himself. Not something superficial...something that happens from the inside out.

My 2 cents.

starrystarrynight

Or, I could see it as someone who is a fatalist at heart. Someone who thinks everything is a life and death situation, who may blow everything out of proportion, and therefore, lives under a lot of undue emotional stress all the time.

Thirteen

Death is a tough card because it involves three things:
1) Loss--the actual death of something
2) Mourning--going through a bleak time of coming to terms with that loss
3) The transformation/rebirth part where something new fills that empty spot and starts to grow there.

Standing for someone's emotional nature, I'd say that, like the phoenix, they're remarkably adept at restoring their emotional selves from the ashes. But such restoration doesn't come easily--we forget that to rise from the ashes, the phoenix must first, dramatically, burn in the fire. So they feel loss deeply and painfully, but, unlike some, they can recover, again and again, from it.

That's a pretty amazing combination, actually. Most people who invest emotions that deeply into something, and feel the loss that painfully never fully recover. This is someone who doesn't, I think, numb or protect themselves after they've been hurt, nor give up. But it is also some one who probably doesn't invest their emotions lightly. First, because they can't, like Scorpio, they feel deeply when they feel. And second, because, if anything happens, they're going to go through painful feelings of loss and mourning. There's no shallow shugging of shoulders and saying, "Oh well, easy come, easy go!".

If a romantic relationship, say, comes to an end, then I'd guess that this type of person would feel like their whole world had gone up in flames, all burned to ash. They would, eventually, rise up again and fall as deeply if differently in love with someone else...but there'd be a long mourning period among the ashes first.

balenciaga

Scorpio nature: dark and deep and watery.

siren85

gregory said:
Hi there - - PLEASE don't use black text on purple. Those of us using the standard forum skin can't read it properly - have to highlight it - and this is so unnecessary !!!

sorry....

siren85

Thanks everyone for your opinions. Thirteen, yours especially made alot of sense. I figured someone very emotionally intense... Scorpio-like.

ofbainbridge

"Death as Someone's Emotional Nature?"

Someone whom is into abrupt endings: leaving changing, modifying something about themselves...

Whether the card was upright or reversed would tell you the nature of the person's nature...is their leaving and changing an indication of a positive growth thing or is their leaving and rebirth an evasive escapist thing...?