Timing using the Majors.....

tinkerbell

Hello all,
I am trying to dip my toe back into some productive Tarot study after a bit of a dry period and I have a question.

In relation to timing, I know that the astrological correspondence for the Fool is 'Uranus', but how could I then pinpoint a time period that the fool represents?
(eg, If I had drawn the Emperor, I would see that he was represented by Aries and would therefore know that March/April were the appropriate months for timing.)

Can anyone help?
Is there a definitive list which shows all the Majors and can break down the planets into specific time periods?
If so, let me know......It's been bugging me!!

Anton Rutter

tinkerbell

Thank you so much- you've both been very helpful!
Tink x

Aladdin

Just had a look at the astro timing chart thing, a version of which i've seen somewhere quite a long time ago. Don't want to hurt anyones feelings about this but in my opinion this definitely belongs on the fiction shelf.

tinkerbell

Timing.......

Hi Aladdin,
care to elaborate?
Do you not agree with timing questions or do you use a better method?
If you can find that chart and tell us why you feel it's fiction I'd love to know more!!
Always Curious :0)
Tink x

balenciaga

Aladdin said:
Just had a look at the astro timing chart thing, a version of which i've seen somewhere quite a long time ago. Don't want to hurt anyones feelings about this but in my opinion this definitely belongs on the fiction shelf.

Sorry 'bout that:) I use it all the time with great success:)

Aladdin

Well, perhaps i sit here in front of this screen to be corrected.
Wish i could remember the name of the book which i exchanged in a second hand book shop four or five years ago now, but think the publishing date was about 1975.
Allmost all the readers i've ever been to have never placed any stock in positional timings for the cards. Perhaps this was through a reluctance to commit themselves to potentially disruptive events able to disturb the equanimity of the querrent ?
Must put my cards on the table so to speak and say that i've never had any success with timings with the precision you are both talking about. If it works for you then i must concede you have greater ability than me and i could only make the rather banal statement that the knight or king of pentacles is saying 'a long time'.
Am not a fan of long term readings, say three months plus as everything moves so fast in a lot of the western world, opening up too many variables for pin point accuracy in my opinion. This is why all the questions i seek guidance from relate to recent past and near future, for the most part a span of two weeks.
Will end by saying i think this is like trying to tie the tarot closely with astrology which can strangle it if the knot is too tight.