Death Card as feeling card

SilverEyedScarab

Hey everyone,

I have been reading the tarot now for 8 years and I have received the death card so many times in different readings, but I have never until now received the death card as a feeling card :S

I did a reading to find out what my new boyfriend feels for me, and amongst the other cards, I received the Death card 5 times. When I asked why the death card I received the Lovers card as answer.

I'm kind off at a loss at how to interpret this because I feel it can go into so many different directions. I know for a fact that he is mortally terrified of me dying, but still could this card then mean that he's afraid, (dreading our relationship, the lovers) or that he doesn't really feel anything for me as in killed his emotions.

I've always had trouble reading cards for myself, so I truly hope someone can help me interpret this meaning for I'm really puzzled and bothered at the same time by it.

Any suggestions are welcome, just tell me what you think and I'll be very grateful.

Thanks

BrightEye

I think it means good things. His love for you is having a profoundly transformative effect on him. His world is not like it was before he met you.

Venusian

BrightEye said:
I think it means good things. His love for you is having a profoundly transformative effect on him. His world is not like it was before he met you.

I concur. Through his relationship with you, he is transforming that way that he loves.

WalesWoman

Oh now, wouldn't this be a great one for the record books of tarot combos... Death/Lovers as a proposal of marriage?

Maybe he's feeling it's time to stop doing this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing and transform it into a totally new beginning, a new way of living together.

nisaba

Of course <puts on evil face> Maybe he took the most recent disagreement to heart, and it'll be a while before he stops wanting to kill you ...

Just kidding! I'd expect someone to say it to me if I asked the question.